Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Interim Storage Area

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying to clear my interim storage area because it's blocking other transactions from the SU that contains it. But I don't know what transaction I can use to clear it. This is the overview of the stock in the interim storage type.

D63 Posting Change Area

1000 1050 502 384-

1000 1050 Q 502 384

There is a negative quant and one in quality.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check trasaction LU04 where there is any posting change notice(PCN) not converted into TO.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran LU04 and there are no Posting change notices at all in the entire warehouse.

What next to do?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such questions have been asked a few times on the forum.

D63 Posting Change Area
1000 1050 502 384-
1000 1050 Q 502 384

You have a positive and a negative quant of same characteristic, only stock types are different.

positive quant

Move it to where it physically is (if necessary you have to carry out a physical inventory (not in SAP, physically in your warehouse). If you know where the part is you can move it to the proper bin in the system (LT01 / LT10).

negative quant

You have to find a corresponding quant (quant of the same characteristics, stock type, etc) and move the postitve quant to the same storage type/bin where this negative quant is (LT01 / LT10). The minus and postivie quants will result in 0 ("nothing"), they will disappear.

So, you have to do manually what the system does on its own when you process the PCN.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 26, 2010 11:15 AM

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But the posting change already posted the positive quant to where it is physically. And I can't do a GM with the negative quant cos it's status is locked.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)

But the posting change already posted the positive quant to where it is physically.

First of all, please give correct information.

In your original post you said you wanted to clear the interim storage type and you also gave some kind of stock report including the positive quant.

I'm trying to clear my interim storage area...

D63 Posting Change Area
1000 1050 502 384-
1000 1050 Q 502 384

Now you are saying the positive quant is in the proper place...

2)

And I can't do a GM with the negative quant cos it's status is locked.

No one told you that you should move the negative quant.

I told you you should find a positive quant of the same characteristics and stock type and move that positive quant to the interim storage type.

Negative quant are always locked, you cannot move them.

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there are actually two positve quants.(1 unrestricted and the other under quality).

The stock overview I gave earlier was for the interim storage:

D63 Posting Change Area

1000 1050 502 384-

1000 1050 Q 502 384

But a positive, unrestricted quant of the same xteristics exists in correct storage type:

D01 High Rack Storage

1000 1050 502 384

It appears as if during the posting change, a notice wasn't created.

The issue is that I have quants stuck in the posting change area and I can't carry out any other transaction with the SU that contains this material as well as others. (The SU has a GR status of 1-'Goods movement posting still not complete').

Former Member
0 Kudos

They have given very good answers for you so points go to them not me if you give points please

You realy only have one quantity and it's in Q status.

the pos. quant was pulled from 502 in error becuse no stock in unrestricted status exists in your "posting change area".

you should return the pos. quantity from D01 High Rack Storage

> 1000 1050 502 384

and put it back in the > D63 Posting Change Area

> 1000 1050 502 384-

The pos. neg. offset each other. so the neg and positive will disappear.

Then move the Q stock into your physical bin D01 High Rack Storage

> 1000 1050 502 384

that should correct your inv.

that will only correct the inv.

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I tried to move the positive unrestricted quant to the interim storage area but I get this error:

No GR posting completed for SU.

(I've already posted GR for the SU. That's how I was able to carry out the posting change in the first place)

This is my problem. I can't do anything with even any other material in SU. I suspect it cos of the entries in the interim Storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would more then likely cancel the GR doc. and try a new one. If the process you follow normaly works and you are able to cancel the document / create a new GR that would be the simplest solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Posting Change Area. You have to confirm the Open TO in this Storage Type.

Find the open TO in LT23 for this storage type and confirm the TO.

Automatically this two quants will be cleared.

And also these belongs to only one TO line item , not two.

Regards

Sarva

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

There are no open TOs at all in the entire system.

Could it be possible that the posting change was supposed to generate a TR/TO but didn't because of a wrong configuration?