cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to guides for SLD and JCO Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have installed the Sneak Preview of Web Dynpro on WAS 6.40 and developed an application that access data from an SAP R/3 system.

But I need som guidelines for how to set up the SLD and JCO Connection. Does it exist some good examples for this. I have looked at the document How to use the web dynpro content administrator - that was very usefull but I need a document like that for the SLD.

Regards

Kay-Arne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Where do I locate the Help Section - need this in babystep......

Thanks

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://<your sld server hostname>:50000/sld/admin/index.jsp

You have to introduce your user/password defined in the installation.

On the top of the interface you got a Help button explaining the SLD. Anyway I don't found any post-Installation guide ...

Hope it helps

rui Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap system landscape directory on sap web as java 6.40.pdf

Just a search on this forum or the main search on sdn.sap.com

0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne,

There is a Post Installation guide for SLD. That will be available in the Help section of the SLD. You can use that as a reference.

However there are certain standard steps that you need to follow for configuring the SLD.

1. Make the object server settings in the SLD Administration. Start the server.

2. Import the content. There are two files that need to be imported those are CIM.zip and CR_Content.zip. This is using the Import link in the SLD Administration.

4. Create a technical system in SLD. This is under Home -> Technical Landscape -> New Technical system.

3. Log in to Visual Administrator. Under Server Services SLD Data Supplier click on the CIM Client Settings and give the server name user and password there.

Then you can go ahead and create the JCO Connections.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth