cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save from PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have some questions on Adobe forms and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there a way to save the PDF that into my desktop from the "PDF Prview" tab of the Form builder (tcode: SFP) ?

2. I currently do not have ADS installed on the server but I am still able to see the preview perfectly. From Help documentation and other SDN posts what I understood is , ADS is used to converted the Form to XML data so that the ABAP program can work on the data of the form. But is ADS also repsonsible for Rendering the PDF onto screen?

Sorry! if my questions sound weird but it has been a very difficult to taslk to understand so many confusing terms in the Adobe family.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to save your from from preview, because the "rendering engine" lies in the Adobe reader + LiveCycle designer. You don´t need ADS to do this for you at designtime. Of course if you would like to use the form, "print" it from SAP, then you definitely need to have ADS installed/ configured.

ADS is used for both way:

a) the form exists as a template XML file (this is what you save in SAP), for example a XDP file (what you can save from LCD to try out) and the data coming from the ABAP program (according to the interface structure) as a XML as well. The ADS merges these two files into one and then renders a PDF "around" it.

b) if you have a form with internal structure (not only a printform, must be at least dynamic or interactive) and data filled in this form, then you send the PDF file to ADS which split the file into two - the PDF envelope which is thrown away and the XML data file (like the one you send into the form generation process at a) phase) which is returned.

Is that enough?

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto, that was very clear. I missed the fact that the preview I am seeing is on the Livecycle Designer and which as you said would definitely have the Rendering engine.

You said, it is possible to save a copy of a PDF file from the preview but I am not finding an option where I can do this.

One more thing, say even if I manage to make a copy of the PDF form and open it on my desktop, will this form work exactly like how it is working on when rendered through SAP GUI? Or is there some information of this form on server which is needed for the working of this form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read through several others posts and this is what I could conclude with, just posting it here for any future reference

It is not possible to download the form for offline scenario directly from SFP.

You should generate the form using FMs : FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME , FP_JOB_OPEN--like you are printing the form.

Tags for future reference

<offline adobe form> <SFP> <download from preview> <SFP download>

Thank you

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if it was Web Dynpro then you could just develop the form in NWDS/SE80 and save it from The Adobe Designer for offline use.

There is a similar discussion here -->

Please mark the thread as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chintan ,

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed

I was able to download the PDF from preview using key board shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + S) .

Appreciate your help.

Otto--thanks to you too.

Answers (0)