cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete a domain from sld

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have created a domain for testing scenarios in JDI.

Now we are preparing the JDI for actual developement.

So we planned to create a new domain, but in help document we have noticed its not possible to create more than one domain. So we decided to delete the existing domain. But dont know how to do it.

Anybody knows please reply.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I understand you correctly you want to delete the CMS track you have.

To do that you have to go to the Landscape Configurator and to choose the Track Data tab page. There you can delete it.

Hope that helps!

Regards, Jordan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

guenter_schiele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

the comment of the last post is correct. You can delete the entries of the CMS domain in SLD as described, but it will leave the CMS in an inconsistent state.

If you delete the domain it also means that you need to throw away all the content of the CMS tables in the database to get back to a clean state.

Therefore I would rather suggest that you reconsider this path of action. Do you really need to set up a new domain? For what purpose? Isn't it enough to delete all the tracks and start your development in a new track?

Best regards,

Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhan,

In

Name Reaservation -> Administration ->

Content Maintenance page will be displayed.

Here, in 'Subset' choose "Landscape Description" and in 'Class' choose "Change Management Domain".

After choosing these two entries, we will see the list of domains in SLD.

Here we can remove and create domains in SLD. But i afraid deleting domain may cause problem in CMS as Sidharth's reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul..

U can try out the Name Reservation option.

In JDI if u crete any componet then this name space resevation service reserves that name.

after deleting that component also it doesn't allow u to create componets aothat same name.

u have to go to Name Reservation option in sld page and search that name and remove it. this can be done by only Administrative login.

thanks and plz let us know after ur try

Regards

Shobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have deleted the tracks. And we also deleted the domain from sld. But the 'Domain id' (Tst) still exist.

In help document we noticed the following lines:

"The values for Domain ID and CMS Name are stored in the SLD. You can specify the Domain ID and the CMS Name only once. If you specified the name Tst already in another example, you must first delete the domain data in the SLD."

Does this mean that we won't be able to delete the domain id at all?

Any help will be appreciated.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

As far as i know it is not possible to delete the domain. Also in my opinion you shouldnt try to delete the domain from SLD, because that does not remove it completely and CMS goes into an inconsistent state.

Regards

Sidharth