cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta DTP and Delete Overlapping Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6787%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate%26x-showcontent%3Doff] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; on SDN showing a process chain with:

FULL InfoPackage>Delta DTP feature "Only get delta Once">Delete Overlapping Requests

In BW 3.5, I managed a daily process chain (cube loading) like that:

FULL InfoPackage (previous fiscal year/month)>FULL InfoPackage (current fiscal year/month)>Delete Overlapping Requests

I migrated this datadlow in BI 7 like in the [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6787%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate%26x-showcontent%3Doff] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; but I cannot access to the Delta DTP in the 'Delete Overlapping Requests' step. What's wrong?

Else, I noted that somethimes the fields in the semantic groups are editable, accessible at other times not. Does anyone know why?

Thanks a lot

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

steve_picken
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just had a similar problem.

A solution was to change the delta DTP temporarily to a Full (target infoprovider will have to be empty.)

Then set up and save the process chain, (since the DTP is now Full, it will be available in the "Delete overlapping request" process type.)

Then change the DTP back to Delta / Only get data once option.

The process chain seems to run OK, and does delete the previous delta request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I had remarked that same way...

After having posted a oss message, I gad the SAP answer: applyed the note 1336410 and... it works.

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Delete Overlapping Requests from Infocube Process there is an button Deletion Selections Check what are all the options selected in that there are some 3 check boxes like

a) Only Delete Requests from Same DTP

b) Only Delete Full DTP Requets

c) Only Delete DTP Requests from Same Source

if option B is checked it will work only for Full Requests not for Delta. Check the same in your system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Vikram but I didn't find any help of my problems in your document.

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't see my delta DTP in the "Deleting Request from Infocube after Update" step (delete overlapping requests step).

Could anybody help me please?

Samuel

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

you'll see it only if the DTP is FULL one.

cheers,

Younes

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to use Delta DTP you have to check the "get Delta only once..."

cheers,

Younes