cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - default roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on AC5.3, SP11. I have configured default roles in CUP. Configuration is as follows:

u2022 Consider default roles: Yes

u2022 Request Type: New Account

u2022 Default role level: Request

u2022 User attributes: System

u2022 I have also linked the system to the role

When I create a request (attributes: new account and relevant system) I would expect the role that I have configured to pull through to my request under u201Cselect rolesu201D. This does not seem to be the case.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or how the system is expected to behave?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mo,

The default role is pulled once the request is created i.e once you submit and the request created, the default role is automatically added to the request.

Regards

-Ranjiv

Edited by: Ranjiv Raghunathan on Jul 23, 2010 5:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well said I agree with Ranjit on this. why dont you test it out

are you able to cross this stage can complete the request creation process.

If yes, open the request and expand and see all the details related to the request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Rajiv mentioned, CUP only adds the role to the request after the request is actually submitted. So, please create a request first and check out the roles added to the request.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. I have tested this and this is the case, the role gets provisioned. I was hoping the role is populated in the request screen already. Some of users who create requests do not know much about roles and thus I was hoping that the system would not force a user to assign a role on the initial request screen. These users would ideally use the free text available and at the 1st approval level the roles will be assigned. The reason I do not want to take the action u201Cassign rolesu201D away is because other uses who create requests would like to assign roles on the initial request screen. Any ideas of how I can cater for both types of users?

Thanks

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mo,

The scenario can be achieved by

--In the request form customization make Role as non mandatory

--In the Configuration ->stage -> additional configuration -> make Add Role =Yes

--Create a custom Text field where the end user who doesnt not know the exact role name can enter some text description.

Based on this description the 1st approver can add the required role to the request.

And users who know the role can add the same during request creation also.

Regards

-Ranjiv

Answers (0)