cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grab Search Help "OK" button as an Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an input field with a search help, user is selecting the search help and selecting the value and the value is displaying in the input field. (so far so good, everything is working fine)

Question:

I want to select the value and once the value is in the input field at the same time I want to run an action event with out the need of clicking enter.

right now the value is in the input field but the user is required to click enter inside the input field to run validation. (I have the validation as input field Action)

my requirement is to have the validation once the user click OK in the search help window.

1 - I don't want to use OVS for search help.

2 - All the search help results are valid but I need to run validation in the input field in order to display additional data in another input field.

PS. Both input fields are bounded to different context node.

thanks!

Jason PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

you can do this, follow the steps I outline in my blog:

[ASUG UI Influence Council, you're wrong! (well sort of -ish, not really at all).|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20054] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Yes, the title doesn't really give much hint that this is what is in the blog ... but it will solve your issue.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome Chris!

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I have some quires in eventing in Value Helps.

We can achieve this type of thing in OVS very easily like setting other UI context based on the Vale Help or validating before displaying the search help values in UI.

So why don`t we use OVS on these scenario rather than going for complicating process.

Thanks

Pradeep

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I think, if you read the weblog, that I suggest that although perhaps what I'm demonstrating is possible, it is perhaps not best practice, and that it would be nicer for SAP to allow a simpler solution. That said, sometimes you just want to use the standard SAP value helps, with all their nice features and not develop a new OVS each time you want your users to make a selection. The code is reusable in that once developed it is reasonably simple to redeploy to another application. But I take your point, it is not simple! But, it is an easy way to get access to functionality that has already been developed and well tested rather than having to rebuild it. When considering many many different value helps it could save time.

But feel free to use OVS if you find that easier to build and support. I prefer the standard search help. Perhaps it is just the way that I've coded OVS in the past, but I don't think it supports the user personal value list and I haven't been able to get it to open the value list with a default populated list whilst still allowing the user to filter the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)