cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCA for slow performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to do the RCA for a system which was performing very slow last month.

I have the idea as how to go if the issue is occuring currently but completely unaware hot to check the history details.

Need the help of experts, please .

;

Regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Completely agree with others.ST03N is the best place to look out for performance data.Depending on the number of days the logs have been stored one can do a analysis.It can be configured in ST03n as to how many days or weeks we can have data.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, After digging ti the level of knowledge I also surrendered and found ST03N as the only best and possible way which can answer my queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... the RCA for slow system should be done as soon as it happens or within 2-3 days or at max a week. After this, analysis becomes too much difficult.

If you go to transaction ST03N, you can see hourly/daily statitics for all types of response times (GUI, DB read, roll wait etc). This will generaly give you idea where the basic bottleneck was. After this, you can drill further to find out if there was a particular transaction, or RFC that took most of the response time, or CPU usage was high. All this analysis is available in ST03N and ST06. You just need to explore.

But after some time the level of details are deleted by system and as you go back, you can atmost get weekly average or even monthly by which you just cannot make out what really happened because any information averaged over a long time has a very little value. So the amount of analysis material get diluted over the time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Javed