Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs not syndicating to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guysl,

Hope you all are good!

Currently I am working on SAP NW MDM 7.1, Material and Vendor master, I have SAP portal through which users creates materials as well as Vendor to be created it in the MDM and created materials and vendors will send to ECC 6.0. This complete process takes place in following way.

User>raise request on Portal>comes for Approval>Approved materials gets created in MDM>IDOCS get created in ECC>remains in MDM ready folder(for some unknown reason)>need to do mynute changes on the record-->material gets created in the ECC.

I will more clear on the above scenario now, we implemented MDM in Automobile industry, so material duplications happens on the large scale. so After above process MDM creates only basic view of material and rest of the views such as finance, sales related views as per their requirements.

Now, the system is completely ready and functioning smooth except one major problem, where materials are getting created though portal, it comes to MDM, necessary checks are happening and material gets created into the ECC system, but...

There are materials which approves through portal, comes into MDM but not reflecting into the ECC system, it happens only for some materials which is similar as materials which approves and goes to the ECC system, there is some syndication level problem..

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

First we need to findout the excat reasons fr this behavior.

1. Are you able to syndicate the files from Portal, APIs? for the record syndicated from the portal do you see a file placed in MDM ready folder?

2. If yes then the problem is not with MDM syndication as files are generated and placed.

3. Next step would be to analyse the middleware exceptions/errors- are the communication channel working?

4. If Idocs are posted in ECC and they are failing we need to analyse the reasons for failure and take corrective actions. The failed Idocs can be rerocessed.

Please check accordingly and provide more inputs.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

1. I am able to sendicate the file through portal, but not all, eventhough previously syndicated file is similar to one which is not been syndicated.

2. If yes then the problem is not with MDM syndication as files are generated and placed.

-

Files are generating properly; but not reflecting into an ECC system, we need to do some minor changes in the record (such as to put some dots, any single character which is not acceptable as per business requirement)and need to syndicate again, then it will be available in the ECC.

3. Next step would be to analyse the middleware exceptions/errors- are the communication channel working?

-

where do we check for the middleware Exceptions/errors

Thanks for your suggestion..

Regards,

Swapnil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you need to trouble shoot in 3 areas.

1) MDM : Check whether syndication server is syndicating the files or not. For that check ready folder of outbound and also

open syndicator UI and check whether any records were not grayed-out or not.If any records are not grayed-out, there is

problem with syndication server and also check if records are met with search criteria which was defined in the syndication map.

If there is no search criteria in your map, then there is no need to check it. If records are not met with search criteria, then the records are not available for syndication.In that case just make sure that records are met with serach criteria.

2) If there is no problem with MDM ( Records are available in ready folder ), then the problem is with server which transfers

file from MDM ready folder to XI system.Generally for this purpose FTP server or Redwood jobs(in some projects) were being

used.

3) Check in XI system level.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Basically we had set a condition that, those records which has "X" flag and "Approved" status at the data manager level will go to the ECC level.

1. Records which is approved through portal but not available in the ECC, satisfies the above condition at the Data Manager level, so let me know where do I check for the Process halt.

2.If there is no problem with MDM ( Records are available in ready folder ), then the problem is with server which transfers

file from MDM ready folder to XI system

-

Files are available with the Ready Folder. Previous files XI picks up properly and make it available with the ECC system, so my concern is Can we make our PI (XI) system efficient enough that it should picks up each and every file and update into ECC system.

Hello Ravi,

You can also take this Input for your suggestion.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

More suggestions would be appreciated !!

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

Based on the inputs provided it seems the problem is within the middleware-XI and communication channel is asynchronous. Please check if the queues are blocked and need to be cleared manually.

You need to define error handling rocesses at PI side and also try to capture the exceptions at XI level.

We can also send notifications from XI based on the error messages confronted.

Please refer to relevant link on this-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/956cd09521062de10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your Contribution,

I will check in my system with your input and let you know..

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have checked as you suggested, there is absolutely no issues with the MDM as well as PI level, there is also no issues with the MDM syndication level.

All the files are successfully posted to the ECC, but only 100 out of 2 or 3 IDOCS gets stuck at ECC level, Reprocessing only stuck IDOC creates the material at ECC level, when we check those material error message it gives the status as, "Material locked by itself"

Important Hint:

PI Picks up all the records for Material master from Ready folder and it is available with the archieve folder. When we check all the IDOCS at ECCMATMAS-Status 53 all the IDOCS are availble, at the same time when we check Material availabiltiy in MARA table 1 or 2 material are not updated eventhough it is available in Status 53. Reprocessing the IDOC updates the material in the ECC system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

This clarifies a lot. Are you using mass Update/Create sceanrio? How many records are syndicated from MDM in one go and how many IDocs are posted to ECC in the same pass from XI.

Try to put a split in the XI message payload(~500) and see if that helps.

Also do you also post another associated IDoc like CLFMAS for maintaining material classification view. If Yes how are they sequenced- MATMAS and CLFMAS for the same material record.

OR are you sequencing/introducing delay in processing the IDocs (Function module) at ECC side. Would suggest to review the code.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Material locked by itself

As per my understanding, there is nothing wrong in your code, Splitting the message in XI etc will also not help.

I mean you will get this error while posting the IDOC in ECC if that time that record is being edited by some user of ECC. Thats why you are getting this error, and on reprocessing the IDOC updates the material in the ECC system because now that record has already been edited by that user and no longer locked, I mean when you do reprocessing of IDOC that time that specific Material is not getting edit by any user of ECC else you will get this error again.

Make sure that the Materials which you are updating through IDOC posting that time these materials should not be edited by any user of ECC else you will get this error. Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Material locked by itself

As per my understanding, there is nothing wrong in your code, Splitting the message in XI etc will also not help.

I mean you will get this error while posting the IDOC in ECC if that time that record is being edited by some user of ECC.

Make sure that the Materials which you are updating through IDOC posting that time these materials should not be edited by any user of ECC else you will get this error.

See, if the material is locked by some other user error message will also point out which user has locked the data which is not the case here-->Material locked by itself If the Idoc fails due to parallel processing/edit of same material by other user it will have status as 51.

Also the Idoc has been posted succesfully here, status 53, but it has not updated the material tables.

Sometimes Idocs have 64 status- ready to be transferred to application but are not processed, due to issues like loop in the FM, load/volume which can be reviewed for resolution.

@Swapnil- Suggest you to contact ECC ABAP consultant on this.

hope this helps.

Best regards- Ravi