cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Rupee Symbol in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have got a requirement in which i need to use the recently announced Indian Rupee Symbol in my Smartform. I need to use it in the table being displayed in the Smartform, in front of the Amount in each row, i need to dispaly the symbol.

I have no idea of how to do it.

Kindly help me out

Thanks in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Am Just New in the sap abap .

i also have this type of requirnment for my smartform.

i got the soluction

here is the steps of rupee symbol in smartform.

Step:- 1 Download Rupee Font From [http://blog.foradian.com/font-with-indian-rupee-symbol-download-and-us|http://blog.foradian.com/font-with-indian-rupee-symbol-download-and-us]

Step:- 2 Open T-CODE SE73

Step:- 3 Install True Type Font And Give Name To Font

After sussfully instalation you can use that forn in your smartstyle and u can use that symbole

NOTE:- To Insert Rupee symbole You Have To Press ` Button Near To 1 Key

Soem Times it will not display in editor or in print Priview but it will print in the hardcopy.

Later On I Will Put Step By Step Step With Screenshot .

If Anyone Have Emergency Then Replay Me i Will DO it

Edited by: SAPABAP.IN on Nov 1, 2010 11:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I followed you guys steps, i have created the new FONT and assigned it to Smartform style.

According to our project requirement we are converting Smartfrom form OTF output to PDF using the functional module 'HR_IT_DISPLAY_WITH_PDF'. when we convert indian rupee symbol to PDF it is not printed correctly in output hard copy, its printed like this ' ` ' only.

Reg,

hariharan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I un-checked 'Do not insert font in PDF' while creating FONT in SE73.

Reg,

hariharan.

Edited by: sivahari on Jul 27, 2011 1:53 PM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install a true type font that supports this Rupee character as described in note #999712.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i did the same as u did but i am facing a strange issue

if i tale a printout from my system it printing the rupee symbol but if i take from diff system it's printing this symbol `.

so can u please give reply

thanks

Vamsi Majji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i did the same as u did but i am facing a strange issue

if i tale a printout from my system it printing the rupee symbol but if i take from diff system it's printing this symbol `.

so can u please give reply

thanks

Vamsi Majji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install the font from below link and then goto word editor.

Shiva

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you're using the same device type for printing on both systems. i.e. Device type SWINCF.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to add rupee symbol in smartforms.plz give me the solution for this.

With Regards,

Aparna

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at SAP note 1503523.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have a Unoicode system, you should be able to copy and paste the symbol into a smartform text or pass it in via a symbol. Then if you process the smartform via Unicode cascading fonts device type SWINCF, the Rupee symbol should be displayed in the print preview and should also be printed.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Hope, you know about the Graphic options in the smartform. It has been used to display graphics images (BITMAP Images) in the form layout. But the image should be available in the server. Use Tcode: se78 to upload the same.

If you want the symbol, you can get it from no. of websites. May be, you can check with the below link,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_rupee

Please let us know if your qn is different.

-

For your last query,

Why can't you call the graphics inside the loop where you are diplaying the table data ?

Regards,

Selva K.

Edited by: Selvakumar Krishnan on Jul 23, 2010 5:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is that i have use the symbol in table displayed so how can i paste it. cos the lines may be 1 to many which depends on table entries. so how is it possible to use as graphic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rajesh, I assume you are using a Table to display ur entries in the smartform.The table uses a line type. N you wud have divided the line into various columns based on the output u need.

My suggestion was in the line type that you create, assign the graphic to a cell wherein you need to dispaly your symbol. You have an option to increase / decrease the size of your graphic, by changing the DPI resolution taht you assign to the graphic.

Let me know in case you have any questions!

Varna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI ,

You could download the symbol from Net and upload it into SAP using Tcode SE78. you could then upload it in the smartform using the Graphic in the column you want to dispaly the symbol!

Hope it helps you!

Cheers,

Varna