Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Conversion

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to print my smart form in English and French. For this can we perform this with out using text elements.If we can do it, please let me know how to perform it.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly (you want to print the form both in english & French), then create the form in English language and maintain the translation in se63 in French. So that while you log on in English, you can see the English form and in FR language you can see the form in French language.

Also, for the information, if you want to see the form in FR in 'EN' login, then pass the CONTROL_PARAMETERS->LANGU (communication language) as 'FR'.

Please let me know if the qn is different.

Regards,

Selva K.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give us some more input, set us on the right track, and then expect some decent solutions.

DO you:

1- need to print ONE form containing BOTH, french and english language?

2- need tp print the same form in english & french?

if it is 1, then you NEED to work with text elements, text modules or include texts.

elseif it is 2, thne you just need the form in french and english, and just add another call for it in your driver program with different language.

endif.

/edit darn, forgot endif !!!

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Jul 26, 2010 2:27 PM

former_member272911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using text element then you should have 2 forms one for english and one for non english. Or one form containing both. Else you need to maintain text elements to convert it into non english for usage.

Thanks

Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know . there is only one option to archive this, and that one is again Text Type ...

You can use below three options.. For this maintain this in both the languages ...

1. text element

2. text module

3. Include text