cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with installing SAP Portal Add-in 2.5 for Visual Studio 2005.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to install "SAP Portal Add-in 2.5 for Visual Studio 2005.exe" but it gives the following error message "asp .net web application must be installed".

My system has

winXP OS,MS VS 2003 and MS VS 2005 i have also installed PDK.

What could be wrong? Or did I miss any thing?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you have done all the software requirements for installing the PDK 2.5 add-in (from the installation guide):

• Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or above), Windows 2003, or Windows XP (IA32 platforms only)

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition or higher

• <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8B05EE00-9554-4733-8725-3CA89DD9BFCA&displaylang=en">Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects</a> (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article KB915364)

• <a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/">Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects package</a>

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install PDK 2.5 for .NET Add-in to VS 2005 and get Error 1001. "The savedState dictionary contains inconsistent data and might have been corrupted."

I have Windows XP, VS 2005 Professional, installed VS 2005-Update ot Support Web Apps, install VS 1005-Web Application Projects.

I also have VS 2003 and the PDK 1.3 previously installed and working.

Any ideas on how to get past this install problem I am having. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately, PDK 1.3 for .NET and PDK 2.5 for .NET can not co-exist on the same machine.

Fortunately, PDK 2.0 for .NET and PDK 2.5 for .NET can co-exist on the same machine.

So, the solution is to upgrade to PDK 2.0 for .NET and then to install PDK 2.5 for .NET.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rima,

Thank you for the information. I did end up uninstalling the PDK 1.3 and was then able to successfully install the PDK 2.5.

Thanks again,

Beth