Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with MDIS but not with Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MDIS to import records.. I am getting following error in Cosole :

Import failed. Partial Set failure with RC error code = <0x84020020> for record number 0 through 2047

Import action: NoneSource record no: 1

When I use import Manager Port .. I dont see any error.. I am able to perform import with out any changes.. I observed only 2-3 records were there while I used Import Manager from Port... Where as Original file has more records... So it seems MDIS import few records with out any issue..

Any inputs?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

When I use import Manager Port .. I dont see any error.. I am able to perform import with out any changes.. I observed only 2-3 records were there while I used Import Manager from Port... Where as Original file has more records

After connecting to the source file you can preview the records in source preview. Do you see all the records as present in the source file? Are you using joins, do you have data across multiple sheets?

If you see all records in source preview as present in the source file, check the fields used for matching and in the matching tab in the bottom pane you can see the action suggested based on matching field for each record. What do you see there?

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I did checked the number of records in source preview and it show only one record... which I checked aganist Data Manager and that record is already imported.. Its the first record in the actual source file.

Did any one had this issue.. any solution?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

I feel something is wrong with the source file itself. Why do you see only 1 record in source preview wehn it contains 200+ records. Are you using an xml file? Please check the xml schema definition for the file, does it allow holding multiple records?

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Source file has 2000+ records.. when I used MDIS iam getting the following error

Import failed. Partial Set failure with RC error code = <0x84020020> for record number 0 through 2047

Import action: NoneSource record no: 1

Using Import Manager Port option I imported the file.. It imported successfully with out any changes.. In source tab I see only one record ...

Yes I am using XML file..

Regards,

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I feel there is something wrong with the last record which you are seeing through import Manager. Please check in data manager and i feel rest of the records should be there in MDM.

Also, check the import action for the last record which you are seeing in source preview pane in import manager

Please check and revert with the results.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Can any one came across this issue?

When I place the file on the ready folder it go in to exception folder---Value folder... but when I choose port and try to import using Import Manager .. I can see only 1 record and the Import button is enabled and ready to import.. when I press import..It impors with out any issues..

I dont understtand where the issue is...

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

What is your MDM version?

If it is 7.1 SP03+ : is there any error in Import server log? (You can check this in Console)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its MDM 5.5 SP06.. Apart from the above mentioned error message log deosnt show any thing..When I use port option using import manager it has only one record to import and I am able to import with out any issues...and the same record already imported to MDM using MDIS....But why it is failing through MDIS?

I also tried with restart/ verify /unmount and mount but the issue still exist....Any inputs ?

Thansk

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I would suggest for restart of Import Server and MDM server.

Please find similar thread with same issue:

Regards,

Mandeep Saini