Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch status for 03 lot origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. I have activated 03 inspection type for a batch manged material. In UD screen, I can transfer the lot to unrestricted for 03 lot type. In MMBE, as anticipated, I can see that stock is not transfreed. In MSC2N, I can see batch in unrestricted. Stock is transferred only after confirmation and UD for 04 origin. Then what is the use of this batch status for 03 type?

2. I have used same MIC in 2 operations. As expected, 2nd operation value is overwriting the 1st one. But when I break link for 2nd operation MIC, should it still overwrite the value? In my case its being overwritten.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is batch status is independant of stock. second, 03 inspection is non-stock relevant inspection and no inventory movements are possible with this inspection. it's an in process inspection where you collect the samples during process and record your results against the inspection ponts or whatever the way you desired. in otherwards, 03 is to document the inspection results during the process. The batch status is mainly to control whether the batch can be issued/consumed to make a finished product. For example, you find some issue during you semi finsihed product process, your key characteristics are out of tolerance - only way you stop consuming that batch is changing the batch status to restricted. The batch should always in un restricted status to issue to any process/production order. And also you have PP batch search startegy etc to pick the semi finished batch to make a finished product based on your requirements.

The second one - if you break the link , its only to maintain the tolerance limits specific to that inspection plan if they are diff. from the one you maintain in the MIC. But, these char. recorded values will still flow to the batch master. breaking the link does not have any impact , thats the reason your values were overwritten with the new values. I am not sure what type of requirement you are having - bu this is the way it works.

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: ram on Jul 23, 2010 9:00 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is the use of this batch status for 03 type?

As you rightly understood the batch status is different from the Stock posting.Batch status only reflect where batch will be transferred.Check the material document generated & movement type when you move the batch from U/r to restricted or vice versa.

This is the exact purpose of the 03 inspection type batch status........

But when I break link for 2nd operation MIC, should it still overwrite the value? In my case its being overwritten.

what is breaking the link means

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks!

By breaking i meant unlocking the MIC, so that the chain with reference class charcateristic is broken 9The anchor sign).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Breaking the MIC chain means from next lot onwards it will not behave same as that of reference char.