cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon not possible (error in license check)

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

Yesterday we import the permanent license file of our QAS ECC 6 server through slicense with client 000 and user was ddic but it was not updating the license we remove the temporary license which resolved our problem. But now since morning we are unable to logon to our server from any user except SAP*.

Can any buddy tell us what is the problem and how we can resolve our issue?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the license which you have applied is correct like h/w key. Delete the existing license also and install it again from 000 client with SAP* from slicense Tcode and New License tab. Also, if required apply for the license key again in service market place with correct details.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

I have double check the h/w key it is same in the license file and in SAP system. and I am unable to login in 000 client" with SAP it is not allowing me but I can login to client 001 with SAP*, should I reload the license with 001 client?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't really matter in what client you apply the license... make sure that the license is valid (green)

You can also do that from OS level using either saplicense or saplikey commands

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many inconsistencies in you observation. Can you address them as per below?

1. If you had applied lcense key did you get the message in a popup saying license key has been installed? simulatneously you wuld see green icon in SLICENSE transaction. Verfiy that the license end-date is a future date.

2. It is not possible that you can login using SAP* in one client and not in other even in case of any license check fail. What is the error you are getting while login? Does it say wrong password? If you forgot sap* password then delete it on DB level and reset the automatic user sapstar parameter and try to login.

3. If you have performed system refresh, verify that the database is consistent. Do you see abnormal dumps in the system? Check system status and verify that all information (kernel, database, SID, hostnames, patch level) are as expected.

4. Is the system on Cluster? if yes, let me know the details.

Cheers!!

Javed

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

I check again my H/W key and it was mismatch I was reading letter O as zero. Thank you very much guys our problem is resolved.