cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have more than one Tax code per line item in Billing docu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have more than one Tax code per line item in Billing document ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES , MAINTAIN IT IN OVK1

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a different perspective there.

If an item is applicable for two different taxes which are represented by two different tax condition types and these tax conditions are configured in the tax procedure, FTXP and so on....then these two condition records can have two different tax codes.

We actually have this scenario in EU now, where EU talks about service tax in 2010 apart from the normal VAT. So now we have MWST and ZWST(Say)

Now there are some materials which come with a service associated with it. So a service charge is also levied when the material is sold. So the material price will become applicable for VAT and the service charge becomes applicable for service tax. In this case, the tax classification of the customer will have two entries in sales orders updated in the fields VBAK-TAXK1 and VBAK-TAXK2 based on the sequence number of these condition types.

Now based on different tax classification of the customer, we have 2 different tax codes representing different %of tax.

Hope it helps

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, in that case YES, you can with same condition type different key combination with different Tax Code you can.

And for same account key for condition type you can have different GL accounts based on these tax code.

And different key combination you can achieve by maintain different access as per your requirement in access sequence.

For better understanding on key combination, refer following link:

[ Define Tax Determination Rules |http://www.sap-img.com/sd009.htm]

For detail on config part you can refer one of my recent responses links tax code with different GL Acc -

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For same Line item - NO, you can't.

So, can you assign/maintain different tax code for same condition type with same key combination and same validity day?

As per my knowledge, NO.

Thanks & Regards

JP