Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The interface between SAP and Banking system

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Now we want to integrate SAP system and Banking system.I have some questions need to ask you.

First, do we have any PI Content regarding that?I failed to find any content in service market

Second,which kind of adapter techniques I can choose to configure?

Currently I think the possible solution may be as follows:

1. Create custom ABAP program to generate txt files,then use XI FTP adapter to translate those files to another location,where banking system can dispose accordingly.

2. The similiar techniques as 1,but to use ABAP proxy on SAP side.Through this way no txt files are generated,so it's more secure.

3. Using idoc techniques.I'm very interested in that,but can we implement this scenario by using idoc?How?

Any info or tips regarding banking data integration will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For making connection between PI & R/3 system, ABAP Proxy is a good option. If Standard IDoc are available for messages, so use that.

But main thing is connection between PI & Banking System, first check the Banking system, how you will make connections for that.

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

Thanks.

We havn/t talked to bank developer.I think they can support both txt and jdbc method,then we use ftp adapter and jdbc adapter separately,right?

All that is from technical view.When it comes to functional view,do you know what kind of data need be tranlated?Please instruct,thanks.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When it comes to functional view,do you know what kind of data need be tranlated?

This is again something that only the Bank can answer. There are many standards which are in use with various banks. e.g some banks use EDI for all types of processes. You have to confirm from the bank about the format in any case. It is also possible that the bank uses proprietary format. You may use both file or jdbc adapter.

it seems XI supports FTPS protocal, right?

Correct

But some files may be need to be installed on WAS.

The public certificate of bank.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If bank is using JDBC & File, it is fine, you have standard adapters for both JDBC & File communication.

But, If bank is using EDI, you have to check that.

In the case of EDI, there is no standard Adapter available in PI for EDI conversion.

First discuss this with Bank Developers on Technical & Functional views.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The three approaches you mentioned uses File, Abap Proxy or Idoc at sender. If Idoc is available, use it. There are many articles available too for checking which adapter to use when while communicating with SAP system. The mail issue should be how to communicate with bank.

There is no standard content available unless there is some specific security requirement. Have you communicated with bank about their preferred mode of communication? Banks require secure communication, could use SSL during communication. Bank only can answer the type of system and the mode of communication (sync/async).

Regards,

Prateek

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Many thanks for your reply.

Someone in SDN said idoc can be used in this scenario, but one of our teammate have ever used the first solution(txt), so we may choose that one.

Regarding secure issue, it seems XI supports FTPS protocal, right? But some files may be need to be installed on WAS.

At the same time, the bank provide a encrypting technique, which can use in ABAP program to generate a line of record in each txt file.