cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Chinese Characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently facing an issue with Chinese characters in file on the Receiver Side which is R/3.

Flow is as below:

Source system -> PI -> R/3 (File)

Our observations as below on production environment:

1. Payload in the intergration engine shows the chinese characters.

2. Adapter Engine Payload also shows chinese characters.

3. But, in R/3 folder, the File displays "????" characters instead of chinese characters.

4. Same test on our Quality box, is able to view the Chinese Characters in File on R/3 side.

Is there a specific configuration that is missed on PI or R/3 for display of Chinese Characters?

Regards,

Sowkhya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having this exact same issue... We see the chinese charachters in the payload but when PI does the insert we get the ??? instead.

If we manually go to sql server and do the insert manually everything inserts fine.

Did you ever get resolution to this issue?

Edited by: Jeff Angus on Dec 6, 2010 9:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowkhya,

I think for handling the special characters (like &), we need to write some java code.

Check http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Instead of & you can replace your special character.

Regards

Ramesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I think for handling the special characters (like &), we need to write some java code.

I know this does not make any sense for chinese characters.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you also checked what is displayed in RWB adapter engine at receiver side?

How do you open the file? The type of editor used could also affect whether the characters would be displayed or not. Confirm which codepage is required for the file.

Regards,

Prateek