Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Additional Languages in Non-Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam working in SRM4.0 (EBP)

Our Configuration type is Non-Unicode System,Single Code Page.

The report RSCPINST shows 2 languages DE and EN. So USER can login in this 2 languages only.

I want to use other Europe languages(which does not require UNICODE) in the same system. Should i add all these languages in RSCPINST.

or

If i need to add in Tcode SPUMG, how to add and also i not aware of the all Code Page Switch Number for all languages to Map in language list and Activate.

So that user can logon on all these Europe Languages.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can use all languages which are supported by the codepage(!!!) the system is running on.

E.g. if your systems run on Latin-1 you can use all these West(!)-European languages in this system together.

But it's not enough just to run RSCPINST you also have to INSTALL those languages in your system with transaction SMLT. (Reading Documentation of SMLT is highly recommended).

Regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your info ,Is it sufficient to install the languages using SMLT alone ? or any mapping is required between language and Code page switch.

Iam able to see 200 Code page switch in table TCP00, what all this ? ,Yes me system runs on Latin-1 , what all code pages for this Latin-1.

Kindly send me the Readind Document of SMLT.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

I don't know about "codepage switch" in table TCP00 but I think you'll find all necessary information here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e2/097058c58211d294fa00a0c9308bd5/frameset.htm

Also look at this presentation (even it's Unicode related). My favorite page is #3

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000557147&;

Regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Our System is Non-Unicode System , Single Code page configuration.

Is it only 1 standard code page ISO8859-1(Latin-1) WILL BE ACTIVE or also other code pages ISO8859-2,ISO8859-5,ISO8859-7,ISO8859-8,ISO8859-9 also ACTIVE in the system , only we need to install the these languages and it will call the code page.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal