cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification and Inspection Lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

Does anyone have an SAP environment in which the quality notifications are generated automatically followed by inspection lot creation? In these instances please explain how you manage to assign the quality notifications to the related inspection lots.

I am working on a project to create quality notifications at the time of receipt into quality inspection stock then inspection lot creation/results recording and subsequent automatic closure of quality notifications.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kenyc2010,

If you are working in the ECC 6.00 environment then the following are the BAPI,s

Q-Notifications.

Business Add-In for Maintenance of Reference Object Screen for Q-Notifs

Business Add-In When Saving Notification Data

Business Add-In to Change Functions in Action Box

Business Add-In for Replacement of Node Attribute in Document Flow Graphic

Business Add-In for Controlling the Changeability of the User Status

Inspection lots

Business Add-In for Output Control of QM Print Report

Business Add-In for Inspection Lot Processing

Business Add-In for Flexible Specification Selection

Business Add-In for Assignment of Addon Data to an Inspection Lot

Business Add-In for Inspection of Correction of Actual Lot Quantity

Business Add-In for Processing of Data on Sample Tab Page

BAdI: Creation of Samples for Externally Triggered Inspection

Business Add-In for Display of Data for Results Recording on Subscreen

Business Add-In for Display of Data for Usage Decision on Subscreen

Business Add-In for Valuation of Characteristic Results

Business Add-In When Saving in Results Recording

Business Add-In for Inspection Point Processing Using IDI and BAPI

Business Add-In for Selection of Results Data for Copy of Insp. Results

Business Add-In for Data Mapping for Copy Inspection Results Function

Business Add-In for Input Help for Quantities in Usage Decision

BAdI: Data Summarization when Evaluating Original Documents

BAdI: Definition of Views for Evaluations of Original Documents

Multiple Specifications: Valuations of Objects

Define Object Names for Multiple Specifications

Regards,

M.M

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram - Do you have a list of the BAPIs? I am working with a developer who has never worked with QM before. Neither have I. I work in IM and WM.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ram. Much appreciated it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Thank you all for your feedback. Here's my scenario in a little more detail.

Today when we receive materials into the Quality Managed locations SAP creates Inspection Lots automatically. Results are recorded in the inspection lots then quality notifications are created.

There is a design change request to create quality notifications for all materials at the time of receipt into inventory at our warehouses prior to inspection lots creation. We still would have SAP create the inspection lots, records results and defects in them. These defects then need to be transferred to the appropriate quality notification so that the notification can be closed automatically.

Some additional questions for the forum:

1) Would it make sense to create notifications prior to inspection lot creation?

2) If notifications are created prior to inspection lot creation, can the inspection lots be easily matched to the quality notifications. Common parameters are Material, Plant, Serial number.

Hope this all makes some sense.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Genrally it's not the way it operates, but I can understand the way business forces their requirements on SAP team. The way you have given the requirements, it can done but everything has to be done through development. I never come across this type of requirement but you can check the following stuff.

1. As per SAP, once the material is received (any case Ware houes managed/ or simple IM) based on the master data set up system creates inspection lot and put the quality into stock. So, If you want to create q -note prior to inspection lot creation either it should be manual or independant of goods receipt. I suggest, find a user exit which fires at the time of GR (just before insp.lot gets created) and create the q-note based on the information from the p.o. There standard sap BAPI's available, so no complex developmen is required. Just need to find the correct user exit and timing of creating q-notes. What minmum required fields for your q-note? Do you want any defects info to be passed on to q-note from the data you maintain in MIC? You need see all these things before you go with creating prior q-note.

2. The biggest challenge will be mtaching the q-notes created in advance to the defects/out of spec. recorded during result.recording. Again if you have a smart developer, I think it is possible. Find out the user exit/ or any BADI which can be used when the results are out of spec., turn on standard settings of SAP to create a defect record but while q-note is generated(standard sap functionality) for defect - force your logic to find out the corresponding q-note which was already created and update it with defect info. You can explore passing p.o/item number as refe. no to q-note when it was created and same can be used in add. to your Material/plant/serial no if required.

I am sure, it's a challenging one and not the normal way we do in sap, but you have to go for it if business insists. In general its not the way I have seen, may be other experts might have come across.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please elaborate your requirement? Why you need Q-notification at the time of lot creation. Notification refers to defects and unless you do RR, how would you be sure that defects exist in the lot?

I gues you requirement is to send an auto mail to concrned persons when an inspection lot is created.

Is it so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with this below confi settings how notification types will trigger based on the inspn types

Run T Code QCC0 ---> Quality Inspection ---> Inspection lot Creation ---> Maintain Inspection types

Click on inspection type details here notification type is assigned for inspection type

Thanks

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Generally, Quality Notification can be activated automatically only for defect items. This can be achieved via automatica defect recording with Q-Activattion. Quality notification means sending Quality concern report to the sender or receiver.

For Inspection lot creation you cannot activate Quality notification. For your scenario u can send express mail to their Inbox with workflow concept. I hope u can hav better clarity.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.