cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Modal window from another Modal window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am opening a Modal window from a Modal window which has applets in it. But when the child modal window opens up from parent modal window, the applets on the child modal window are not loading properly. But when I change the child modal window to normal window, then applets loads fine.

I just want to know how different is a modal window when compared to normal window when it comes to applets.

This is the problem which showed up only on specific machine but not on all the machines.

Is this because of some specific settings or could be any other reason?

Any help Pls!!!

Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

This problem is occuring on 2 machines which has Java 1.5. But rest of the machines which has 1.5,1.6,1.4 are supporting modal windows. So not really sure whether its a browser issue or JRE issue or it is how the modal windows behave in an inconsistent way. Really need a solution for this problem as early as problem.

Regards,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try and determine what the differences are between a working machine and a non working machine. This could be as simple as differnt browser versions, different os patches, a pop up blocker, anti virus program, browser plug in. It could be a security setting. Considering the possible cost of the time it might take to resolve this issue, it might be more cost effective to just replace the workstations, considering there are only two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to avoid modal windows because they are not a standard and thus are not really supported well (sometimes not at all) across browsers. The problem is probably browser related and not java's fault per se. I would recomend searching the web and see if anyone else has had modal window issues related to the specific browser and version giving you trouble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Is this on 11.5?

What Java version you use?

Because, there is a problem with Modal windows with JRE Java 1.6.0_3.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Kedar