cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

register web dispatcher on SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'd like to register my NW7.0 web dispatcher on my SLD. Is this considered a "third party" system?

I know how to run the "sldreg" commands to create the keyfiles, etc. based on note

Note 1018839 - Registering in the System Landscape Directory using sldreg

So I can run

sldreg -configure slddest.cfg -usekeyfile

And I can send it to my SLD using:

saposcol -b | sldreg -connectfile slddest.cfg -oldtransferdtd

And I can see this in the "CIM" area in my SLD, but this alone does not associate it to any instance, therefore doesn't show up in SMSY after I run the job to pull in the SLD data.

Do I have to use that "example XML" file in the 3rd party SLD documentation? I know I can't be the first person to want to do this but I cannot find any documentation specific to web dispatcher and SLD.

Thanks

NICK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know why would you want to register webdispatcher in SLD? Personally, I have not seen it anywhere. If you state the requirement then I can have better visibility for answering the question.

Cheers!!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both Anil and Javed! I am trying to add the instance of web dispatcher to include in our Solman Diagnostics monitoring. Up until this point, I have been unable. I used SDLREG program but I could not see any thing in SMSY...

But maybe there isn't a point to this at if you don't know of others who are doing this.

at any rate, your help/comments are appreciated

--NICK

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying the same.. Although the sldreg is successful, systems dont show in technical systems.

Did you find anything on this ?

Thanks,

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to include Webdispatcher in SLD, then you have to create techincal setting manually and add webdispatcher in SLD as standalone system.

Thanks

Anil