cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple deliveries into single handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My requirement is to pack multiple deliveries or multiple ship to parties into single Handling unit during shipment creation.Is it possible? My requirement is to map the pallets(or HUs) based on route and to smilar destinations.

Let's say - I have a truck to be loaded with multiple deliveries.Each delivery can have multiple materials.I want to make use of the truck space and optimize the packing.Now the deliveries are packed into multiple pallets Or multiple ship to parties into one single pallet(Is this possible during delivery creation or shipment creation).After all the delivery packing , i want to create shipment based on route and load the pallets(HUs) into truck.

Has any one worked in this environment.I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Edited by: RKsap193 on Jul 22, 2010 12:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is standard SAP functionality

You can pack the delivery level carton(s) into shipment level pallets to combine them in the shipment (provided of course the deliveries are combined within the shipment).

VLSP Subsequent delivery split can be used to split deliveries or even delivery line items onto new deliveries for separate shipments.

Note: the use of shippment level pallets will complicate the delivery split (if you choose to use that transaction)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

Thanks for your reponse

We may not plan to use RF scanners and LM transactions.We have materials sitting in warehouse in boxes and bottles.These materials need to be picked during delivery process.When it comes to packing we will pack these materials into single or multiple pallets(there could be multiple ship to parties or multiple materials to be packed into single pallet and I assume this pakcing is only passible during shipment creation).

Once this pallet packing is done , we load these pallets into truck by optimising the truck space(May be we can say the second level packing during shipment creation).All the above packing need to be handled by the system (Kind of automatic packing) during shipment creation.

Please provide your ideas

ht[|]

Thanks in adavance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using picking handling units?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, could you elaborate how does this pick HUs support my packing and loading into trucks?