cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Local Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do a local client copy in my Development Server.

Database Size is 200GB, Oracle 10G, HP-UX 11.31

One client is XXX (used for customization)

and other client is YYY( curently used as a sand box)

On the XXX client almost no data is there in database tables. I checked the table entries of various big tables

like MSEG, BSEG and it shows '0' table entries.

My concern is we have only 30 GB of free space in our SAPDATA1,2,3, & 4 folders.

So will that be enough to perform a local client copy with the current situation?If in case we keep on

increasing the table space size as in when required.We donot want to land in a situation

where in between the client copy we are short of space.

Is there a way to find out this, since I am doing it for the first time.

Please guide me, any suggestion on the same would a great help

to us.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You better add space to the volumes/luns, the size of copy your'e performing depends on the profile you choose.

Regards;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We have to take SAP_ALL profile for this local client copy.

Any more suggestions please.

Regards,

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do test run before actula run, this will give some idea if there any space crunch.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try running RSTABLESIZE,RSSPACECHECK reports through se38 to check table sizes/mem requirements of your current client.

Refer SAP Note 118823 for more details.

Also test run log of client copy will give you an idea of source client size. You can plan your target client space requirement accordingly.

Better to add additional space for your sapdata files systems.

Regards,

Shivaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Resource check and simulation test run has went succesful(trun time is approx. 1 hour).Source client 100 has only functional configuration.

No data is there in this client.Various tables like BSEG, MSEG,KNA,MARA,etc has '0' records.

Now if I make a local clinet copy on 110 with profile SAP_ALL, will that be fine as well haveonly 30GB of free space in

our SAPDATA1,2 3.& 4 mont points.

Please guide.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have done the test run, go to SCC3 tcode and double click on the test run which you have run. It will display a button Details where it will show how much space is required on the target client for the client copy to get completed. In addition to that space you may paln for some buffer space of 2 to 5 GB depending on the availbility of disk space.

If you are not convinced with the above one the othet way also could be in your source client use the program RSTABLESIZE and give client number (source client) and in table name field give * and execute. It will give the size of all tables within that client. Export that data to a excel and sum the total size of all tables which will give the size of that client. This way if your target client is a new client then it will require that much of space with some buffer space additional.

Regards,

Sharath

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned before check SAP Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

I think is going to be quite tight

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure about exact space availability in your system. But if you don't have any special constraints (hardware-wise or economic issue for specific customer) for adding additional space then "it's better to have your sapdata filesystems get extended by some more Gigs".

Even if those additional space don't get utilized during this client copy still you won't be at loss as those additional space can be used in future. But running a client copy with "SAP_ALL" profile with a limited free space (like what you have mentioned i.e. 30 Gigs) can be a bit risky.

Regards,

Shivaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

Regarding your previous suggestion u201CIf you are not convinced with the above one the other way also could be in your source client use the program RSTABLESIZE and give client number (source client) and in table name field give * and executeu201D I followed the instruction and the sum is coming 8255814.

Is that in Bytes..?If yes then putting u2018*u2019 in the table it would be approximately 8 GB. Regarding the other suggestion we have around 8 GB FREE space in table space PSAPSR3.Other when checked we still have 41 GB of free space left in all the data file. I had kept a buffer of 10 GB earlier.

We do have a constrain u2018hardware-wiseu2019 Hence a bit concerned and donu2019t want to land in a situation where we are left with no space.

Please suggest. Can we go ahead with this situation?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have initiated the client copy by taking the profile SAP_ALL.

It got successfully complete in approx 2 hour.Tablespace PSAPSR3

increased only by 1.5 GB. Other table space doesn't increase.

Thanks to all those who has taken out their valuable time to

help me.

Regards,

Answers (0)