cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate the sales order as a cost object in cost element posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

When posting sales to a cost element the error comes up stating Account ******** requires an assignment to a CO object.

This comes from the sales (repair) order and I would like to pass the sales order and line as a cost object.

Could someone please tell me where I would make the configuration to pass that into the accounting document?

Thank you,

Sergiy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

G/L Account that is determined for posting does not have a cost element created.

You can create a cost element for this G/L by accessing it through FS00 and clicking on the edit cost element.

Cost elements are created only for P&L accounts. So you also need to verify whether the G/L Account determined is a P&L or not.

If you don't have the required access, check with your FI consultant.

Thanks,

Shaju

Former Member
0 Kudos

T hanks Shaju,

the thing is that the accound that does have a cost element created. I think that is why it needs a cost object. I am not sure why it was originally designed this way, why someone had to define that GL account as a cost element, but I have to be able to post to it and pass the sales order and line as a cost object.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snavaneetha,

unfortunatelly I don't have access to any CO consultants that could help me on this one. We are a small company so I am an unofficial CO consultant for time being

Anyway, maybe I should post this one on the CO forum as well.

I looked at the material master and I don't see the field for the GL account or cost element anywhere like you said. I do see the account assignment group and that's where my account determination procedure determines the right one to use, and it is trying to post to the account I need it to post but I get the above error, for some reason the sales order that I am billing for does not get passed at a cost object to this cost element account during billing.

Sergiy

Edited by: Sergiy Mysyk on Jul 26, 2010 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge the posting of sales order does not create FI document. SD billing will create financial posting, FI document and will pass profit centre as CO object to FI/CO. (Billing = revenue)

It seems you are missing an account assignment (to designate revenue accounts) to your billing process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

I was able to solve the problem. My requirement type in sales order procurement tab, had to have a requirement class that allows sales order to be passed as a cost object to the cost element during posting.

1. Go to sale order, procurement tab

2. Check whats the req type

3. Go to OVZH and check whats the req class assigned to this req type

4. Go to OVZG and check whats the acount assignment cateory in req class

5. The account assignment catg shud have consumption posting field as E

Thanks everyone, this is now solved.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is good learning.

Thanks for sharing the info.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This comes because of the material you are using. You anyway have to discuss with the CO consultant. Make the cost element available in the material master, and enable the GL account relevant for the posting as a cost element. This is what I know at a high level, but a CO consultant can help you to solve the problem.