cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM "one-client" installation on ECC 6.0 EhP: Own client needed for SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i've a question concerning the SRM "one-client" installation on ECC 6.0 EhP4 as Add-On.

Is it possible to use SRM and ERP funtionality in a single client e.g. 001?

Or do we have to use different clients on the system like for SUS?

I haven't found any information regarding this topic in SAP ressources. I'm currently using CG "SAP SRM on One Client in

SAP ERP" Release date 2008 (found on marketplace/srm-inst --> srm7.0); SRM - Technical Basis Configuration (BuildingBlock S00/S03). I'm facing problems while going through the following customizing steps:

Assign logical System to Client [both logicall systems are on the same client (001)] ==> error while trying to reference the second logical sys. because client (001) cannot be used again (own presumption: error message differs)

I've seen that some of you have successfully installed and customized this szenario. If someone could provide me any helpful information or guideline how to proceed in general... would be great...

Best regards,

PATRICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It is single client use.

Please check the Configuration Guides in SAP Solution Manager or Offline copy in SAP Service Marketplace.

http://service.sap.com/srm-inst

There is description how to name the logical system.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the offline documentation because i've no access to solman.

There is a document which describes the steps for configuring one-client customizing on marketplace.

Link: [SAP SRM 7.0: SAP SRM on One Client with SAP ERP|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001201562009E]

The problem is that its impossible to cofigure the system like it's described in the document.

Let me explain why...

SRM Addon is installed and customizing is done in client 001 (same client as erp)

overview about defined logical systems:

-ONECLNTERP (for ERP is defined)

-ONECLNTEBP (for SRM is defined)

When I try to assign the logical system to client 001 it works for the first entry

for the second log. system it shows up an error message.

-->I assume because client 001 has been already assigned. I cant use client 001 again.

But One-Client szenario schould be possible in a single client or is SAPs One-Client more like One-System with differnet clients for SRM and ERP on the same machine?

Because of the above mentioned problem I assume that it's impossible to run ERP and SRM in the same Client number.

Am I right? Do I have to use two Clients on One System for proper Customizing?

Or if it's possible to use a single client on one machine for both ERP and SRM how is it possible to assign two log. systems to one client number?

I'm totally confused. Any help would be appreciated - any tips/hints/experiences from someone who has customized One-Client?

BR, Patrick

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Client solution uses following objects.

- 1 client

- 1 RFC destination

- 4 logical systems, All logical systems uses 1 RFC which points 1 client.

Here is Define System Landscape setting; For example SID=BSX, Client=100

BSXCLNT100 BSXCLNT100 RFC_BSX_100 LOCAL

ONECLNTERP One-client ERP RFC_BSX_100 ERP_4.0

ONECLNTEBP One-client EBP RFC_BSX_100 EBP_ONE

ONECLNTSUS One-client SUS RFC_BSX_100 SUS_ONE

For client assignment is only for BSXCLNT100.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Masa, thanks a lot for your input! This helped me to understand how the entries in the CG were ment.

I think I can go ahead now with customizing. Thank you very much Masa!

BR, Patrick

PS: There is only one question regarding System Type: Do I have to use ERP_4.0 when using ECC 6.0 with EhP4? What does SAP ERP 2005 BF LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 activiert (EhP4) stand for (this text is shown as short description via F4Help)

Edited by: Patrick Kirsch on Jul 23, 2010 5:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information about Business Fuction LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 can be found in SAP Help:

[Link EN|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/87/52063ad3234484953bca0487181bc8/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you Masa.

I am implementing SRM one client but as soon as I want to do master data synchronisation I am getting a Dump below. I have maintained One Client the same as mentioned in your answer. What might be wrong i am implementing SRM 7.13 as addon to ECC6 EHP 7

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         MESSAGE_TYPE_X

ABAP Program           CL_MDS_KEYMAP_SERVICE=========CP

Application Component  AP-MD-BF-SYN

Date and Time          05.09.2016 13:26:14

Error analysis

Short text of the error message:

No connection to System Landscape Directory

Long text of the error message:

Technical information about the message:

Message class....... MDS_KEYMAP

Number.............. 001