cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro Behaviour when the Reload button is pressed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know what is the behaviour of the Web DynPro when an user presses the Reload button on the browser.

I'm asking this because I designed a WDP that has a view with some input fields, two button and a table to show the result of a search operation based on the content of the input fields.

Some of the input fields are text inputs and others are dropdown list controls. In some cases, e.g. after having performed a search, if I hit the Reload button the content of one dropdown list was shown in another dropdown list.

The dropdown lists and the other input fields are bound to some context attributes and nodes.

I'm trying to figure out why the WDP is kept in this 'dirty state' when the page is reloaded.

Thanks,

Pietro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

a reload of the Browser causes every time a reload of WDJ-Application. That means the content in the wdDoInit-Method is executed and the UI-Input elements are in initial state.

If you want to store the selection in the Input fields and droodowns the only way is to store that in the session.

Here is an example to do that.

WDScopeUtil.put(WDScopeType.CLIENTSESSION_SCOPE, "ABC", "someValue");

Than you have to read this in the init-Methods.

WDScopeUtil.get(WDScopeType.CLIENTSESSION_SCOPE, "ABC");

Regards

Gunter

Answers (0)