Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which object controls the bank accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a request to restrict access to certain bank accounts through FCHN. We have 4 accounts and they want certain roles to access all 4 but others to only have access to 1. Is this controlled through the F_PAYR_BUK object or elsewhere?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

Authorization Object F_PAYR_BUK controls access on Company Codes. Try running trace on the end user activity to check authorizations on "bank accounts" or is it bank accounts = Company Codes in you Project?

Just check

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are considering the (company codes = Accounts) then the idea of derived role can work

one child role having access to 4 accounts and the other derived role having access to one account.

But I think you need some other transaction which might actually call your accounts , best is put trace on

ST01 there are so many other object in FCHN , you might have to enable like F_BKPF_BUK.

Probably this should be the object to help you on account types

F_BKPF_KOA Accounting Document: Authorization for Account Types

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 22, 2010 7:48 PM

0 Kudos

>

> If you are considering the (company codes = Accounts) then the idea of derived role can work

> one child role having access to 4 accounts and the other derived role having access to one account.

Well, I don't know how things are run in Franklin's company, but usually you do not find a concept where company codes = accounts as 1:1 relation ...

As for FCHN - I don't see the necessity for restricting accounts with this transaction, since you define in configuration which combination of house bank and account ID determines which account ... can you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean with 'account'? Do you mean bank account in this special case?

Edited by: Mylène Dorias on Jul 23, 2010 11:11 AM

sorry - you wrote 'bank accounts' - I was distracted ... well, talk to your functional. Perhaps if you setup things differently in tx. FI12 you could solve this problem on another way than by authorisations.

0 Kudos

In FCHN there is a drop down where the user can select one of 4 house banks and then the Account ID.

My business wants to restrict one account id from 1 bank to only certain users. I tried the F_BL_BANK object and am waiting on test results for this to see if it works. Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was not sure what the question was , the post was relating company code to BANK ACCOUNTS( extreme thinking ).

I was trying to explain the derived role concept only.

Why not open FCH1 rather than FCHN tcode in Su24 and enable the following objects

F_BKPF_KOA

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 23, 2010 6:47 PM

0 Kudos

>

>

> In FCHN there is a drop down where the user can select one of 4 house banks and then the Account ID.

> My business wants to restrict one account id from 1 bank to only certain users. I tried the F_BL_BANK object and am waiting on test results for this to see if it works. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I am pretty sure that you won't get any limitation with the drop-down without some kind of development - to reduce the visibility of a F4-help (or matchcode or whatever that is called today 8-) ) will surely demand developing intervention. This would, however - enable you nicely to provide the user only with the combination s/he is allowed ...

0 Kudos

Actually, limiting the entries in the F_BL_BANK object did work.

The drop down may still show the selection but the user cannot execute against the Account ID that I removed from the object.

This is fine with my business so the issue is solved.

Thanks to all who responded.

0 Kudos

> ...( extreme thinking )

You might want to try [Extreme Ironing|http://www.extremeironing.com/] next time instead of SU24 when no check is reached in the code of a IDES sandbox and you only find the object via functional knowledge of the module and customizing (in-house-banking).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

my understanding says that there are 3 objects that can ocntrol the bank accounts........i dont think you can make a restriciton on specific accounts, but you could give it a try

F_BNKA_MAN: used for Bank master data

F_BNKA_BUK: gives authorization to accoun transfers on a bank in a particular company code

F_BNKA_MAO: Gives authorization on a bank in a particular country

my personal opinion would be understand the functionality of a particular transaction / scenario.............we learn and understand it once, we would retain the knowledge.........a trace can only show you what is wrong but never the reason on why it is wrong, so let tracing be the last option as much as possible

(you can dump the advice if you prefer to )