cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when changing original in DMS

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use a storage location for saving the originals.

futher on I have checked 'delete after check in'

so everything works fine until I want to change a document.

when i Save the changes in for instance word then the dms record is also saved but the document is not checked in.

I have to return to the dms record, edit, check in and save again.

it would be less confusing if sap would do nothing when I save the changes in word and close word. then I can check in at dms and save the dms record with the new version.

can I prevent that the dms record is automaticaly saved when the document is saved ?

kind regards

arthur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arthur,

When you want to change in original, you can't edit in SAP. You have to save or replace from your sytem.

And save it into SAP DMS. The DIR gets changed,it's version gets changed. This is very essential to maintain and track the changes in documents.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI Arthur,

>

> When you want to change in original, you can't edit in SAP. You have to save or replace from your sytem.

>

> And save it into SAP DMS. The DIR gets changed,it's version gets changed. This is very essential to maintain and track the changes in documents.

>

> I hope this will resolve the query.

>

> Regards,

> Ravindra

I can understand that I have to replace but when I edit my document outside sap and save it then the dms record is also saved and aborted and that is not logical. why does sap do that ? I want to check in the latest version in the dms record and save it into sap dms but sap already saves the dms record without checking in the document ???????