cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in generating Permanent License key for Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am not a BASIS person, but am asked to do that job and so having some issues.

I have installed Solution Manager and was using it using templicense. However, it expired few days back and am trying to generate the permanent one.

I can't log in with the administrator user name that I had created, since it gives 'logon not possible (error in license check)'.

So I logged in as 'sap*' and gave transaction code 'SLICENSE' .

Here the system number field says 'System No.Empty'.

Also, when I click on Remote Hardware Key 'Debtermine' button, it says I have to log in as administrator. But I can't log in as administrator since it gives the above mentioned license error.

I would appreciate if some one can please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use command saplicense -get at OS level to get the hardware key, then apply for a full license in SAP Marketplace

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Juan. I appreciate it a lot. But what about System number? It says 'empty'. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the installation number says 'INITIAL'. I am desperately looking for an answer, since we need to get some updates using solution manager. Any comments on response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installation number is in your contract with SAP and system number is generated by SAP too.... have you tried to request a license?

The only thing you need is the Hardware key

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I requested the license as per your suggestion and everything is ok.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

raise a customer message at SMP to get new license key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Thanks for the Response. However to do that it will ask for 'Remote hardware key' and that is the problem that I am having, which is I can't get that since the license is expired.

Thanks

Ram