cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters in Report

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to make a filter Criteria for a field which does not exist in database table? And also this filter is also a field which will be displayed in report with a variable value which can be fixed according to other fields value. The requirement is like below:

one of the report fitler is "Task Status" which is derived field ,not database table field, and also '"Task Status" is one of the report column. The logic for determining the value of the derived field 'Task Status' is like below

The value should be "Not Started" if the "actual start date" is BLANK

The value should be "In Progress" if there is "actual start date" but the "actual end date" is BLANK

The value should be "Completed" if both the "actual start" and the "actual end dates" are filled

The "actual start date" and "actual end date" are from same database table "fci_xxx_projects". Acutally ,this is a project relevant report.

I didn't find a way to make this report as i could not make the Task status as a filter in report definition. But if create a extension field for the field Task Status, then fill the field with values ,then the report could be done easier. But i still want to know if we can

make the report with SQL Query?Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks & Regards,

David

Edited by: David Gao on Jul 22, 2010 3:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Solved