cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM order for Nonconformity costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario which I would like to know if it is possible to use QM orders for.

When a defect is captured against an inspection lot of type 08 the quality notification is automatically created. If there are nonconformity costs related to this notification besides the piece price of the material eg, labour hours involved, freight costs etc then the QM department would like to claim these costs back from the vendor.

Claiming the piece price back from the vendor is obviously done via the 122 movement, however this can not claim the other costs elements. I have tried implementing the QM order type QN01 linked to the QM notification, however when i come to recording the activity allocation in transaction KB21N the sender is limited to a cost center.

Therefore is the QM order functionality limited to only receiving costs from a cost center ie internal orders or can you configure the QM order to claim costs from the vendor account?

Regards,

Roderick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any ideas??

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. If you are tyring to collect the cost back from vendor , then the simple solution to go through the credi/debit note with 122 movement type.

2. we will not be able to direclty post the expenses to vendor, even if you go through the QM order the cost collected trhough a rework centre will be poted to the cost centre onlly, this process will be tedious and complex to be addressed.

reg

dsk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsk,

We are collecting the cost of the material from the vendor by posting the 122 movement.

The problem comes in when trying to collect other costs from the vendor for example the freight costs for returning the parts or flying in emergency parts, labour costs, rework costs etc. Do you have any suggestions on how to claim these costs back from the vendor?

Regards,

Roderick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Roderick,

Do you find a sap solution or specific process to claim these cost to vendor ?

Thanks.