cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to return a project to previous version and work on in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having problems reverting a project to previous version.

Suppose I created a simple java project called P1 with one java file. Now, when I see this file at the version history I see two versions: The current one and the previous one. In order to return to the previous one I need to choose "Sync to this version" on the graph. When I do that the file on my local pc has the previous version but it is not editable in any way since the edit menu is grayed. On the other hand, if I first check out the file I can't syn to previous version since the file is checked-out. So how can I synchronize a java file to previous version and work on this version at the same time?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must create a new version of the file with the old contents:

1. Choose DTR -> Edit on the file

2. Open the Version History for the file

3. Right-click the version you need

4. Choose View Contents

5. Select All -> Copy

6. Return to the new version

7. Select All -> Paste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

10X for the answer, so if I understand correctly it must be done manually? So the "Sync to this version" is just for viweing purposes? It sounds very uncomfortable way... What if I have a project with many files and packages or a Dynpro project and I would like to revert the whole project to a previous version? I need to go manually one file by other and make this procedure?

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can overcome these problems by defining a release strategy and creating new workspaces everytime you start working on a new release.

Or you can start using Scenario 2+, Development with a Track with all it's possible different track setups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "creating new workspaces everytime you start working on a new release"? Do you mean creating different workspace for each project? If yes, how will it help me?