cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-Systemmessage: S on several SAPGUI clients with SSO via SNC ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

have you ever seen a SAPGUI systemmessage like this => "SAP-Systemmessage: S"

we activated SSO via SNC, and some clients raise this error;

we found out out that this error is throw by the 'SAPGUILIB.DLL', but don't know why !

it must be something on the client itself ...

Does anyone of you have a solution for this problem ?

SAPGUI 710, PL4

SSO DLL gsskrb5.dll ( 1.0.9 )

Thanks

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arnd_gohr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We had the same issue. The reason was, the the client PC was out of time sync (more than 5 min.). We only need to re-sync the time and SSO works again without any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across this three times this month with some users. I didn't find much on the net. There is certainly nothing wrong with our snc/enable parameter over here, but thanks for the SM21 suggestion, I think I've figured out what's going on.

In the affected user's SU01 or SU01D, Information -> Change Document (Change History), I could see:

12:58:27 Lock Changed, 0, Not locked, 128, Incorrect Logon Lock

13:00:58 Lock Changed, 128, Incorrect Logon Lock, 0, Not lock (unlocked by Support Person)

How does one manage to lock their SAP user-id using SSO?! Well, if the person comes in in the morning, ignores the warning that their Windows password is about to expire today; then in a few hours, it has expired, other applications including Excel, Outlook and mapped drives would still work, but not SAP, proxy server or anything that requires authentication with AD every time.

In most cases, rebooting the PC makes that problem go away because that forces the user to reset their Windows password, but not if the SAP userid is locked (uflag=128).

My theory is that if we unlock the user's SAP account without resetting their SAP password, ask them to reset their Windows/network/AD password, their SSO should work again. In previous versions of SAP, the error was a little bit more friendly with some wording about SNC error, but in ECC6, it comes up this nasty "SAP System Message S" obscure error.

Hope this helps whoever comes across this problem in the future.

Duncan

Auckland, New Zealand

Former Member
0 Kudos

try setting machine environment variable SNC_LIB=c:\<path to SAPGUILIB.DLL>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

SNC_LIB is already set; we are using Kerberos DLL 'gsskrb5.dll' ==> SNC_LIB=C:\windows\system32\gsskrb5.dll

the error doesn't belong to the GSS; it's a SAPGUI Error;

any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Oliver