any knowledge share on SAP GTS upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0 would be appreciated

Thank you,

Regards - Vincent Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have study material forSAP GTS 8.0?

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can find the material in help.sap.com and in the installation guides on the service marketplace.

Best reagrds, Christin

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to GTS 8.0 Let me know what you are exactly looking for.

vijay v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Appreciate your reply

To be honest,anything that could be of help.

The process flow how to go about things

Is there a documents [check-list] that needs to be followed.

We have a SAP 4.6 as our feeder system

Thanks, once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the connectivity between GTS 8.0 <-> SAP 4.6. You may be required to add additional patch updates for Plug in setup. Try to see the Config guides of GTS 8.0.

I have read at one place that SAP recommends GTS 8.0 to be connected to ECC 6.0. Not sure about the validity though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

The environment currently is that SAP GTS is connected to SAP 4.6. We are looking for an upgrade from the GTS side ........7.2 to 8.0.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least the plug-in you HAVE to upgrade, check the relevant OSS notes. For GTS8.0 you absolutely need the SLL_PI. Otherwise you are missing transactions and function modules necessary for data transfer to GTS. BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay

we are currently planning to do a technical upgrade from 7.2 to 10.1 . we are also upgrading the pluigins to SLL-PI*

can you please share your experience with me about your 8.0 upgrade what roadblocks you had and how you overcome those.

thanks

bharadwaj

former_member222859
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay ,

i need favour from you . currently we are upgrading 8.0 to 10.1. i have one issue in 10.1.

kindly help me on below issue.

we are unable to send the custom document to external custom authorities automatically through IDoc in 10.1 .

output type is M2120 automatically triggering to customs when we save the document in 8.0 . but  same thing is not happening in 10.1.

May i know the specific reason for this . my email id srinivasareddy.vangala@gmail.com. please help me to reply .