cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of copy control is to copy the data from the previous documents to subsequent documents. I think it does not copy the config settings of previous documents to subsequent documents. In this regard I have the following questions.

1) We want to create credit note (CR) with ref to invoice F2. I need to use the same pricing procedure in CR which is in F2.

I need to know whether I need to do config settings for pricing procedure determination for Credit note (sales areacust PPdoc PP) or can the system copy the config settings of F2 into CR and thus copy the same pricing procedure of F2 into CR.

2) In item level copy control (let's say sales order to sales order), there is a field proposed item category. What is the relevance of this field and how it is related to the item category determination table for sales order. I mean for item category to be determined in a subsequent document, we need to have item category determination for the same. But then what is the relevance of "proposed item category" in copy control ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you want F2 and the CR to have the same pricing procedure, the document pricing procedure for both the document types shoudl also be the same. Then only Sales orgd.c.DivDPPCPP combination will be the same for both F2 and CR. The second option is that even though there are different DPP for F2 and CR , both the DPP combinations shoudl point at the same pricing procedure. Then your reqmt will be achieved.

2. The proposed item category in copy control will be proposed if it is mentioned in copy control. In case where this is kept empty for target document type, the standard item category determination will be effective. You can try this by first maintaining this value in copy control and creating a transaction and after that deleting this value and then try the same test case.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-> 1) We want to create credit note (CR) with ref to invoice F2. I need to use the same pricing procedure in CR which is in F2.

I need to know whether I need to do config settings for pricing procedure determination for Credit note (sales areacust PPdoc PP) or can the system copy the config settings of F2 into CR and thus copy the same pricing procedure of F2 into CR.

Not required unless you want to use a different pricing procedure. You have to make sure that the document pricing procedure for CR doc type is same as that of your sales order. It should work.

-> 2) In item level copy control (let's say sales order to sales order), there is a field proposed item category. What is the relevance of this field and how it is related to the item category determination table for sales order. I mean for item category to be determined in a subsequent document, we need to have item category determination for the same. But then what is the relevance of "proposed item category" in copy control ?

Here is what the system help says.

When the system is not supposed to determine a new item category in the target document.

Example: When you copy a free-goods item from the quotation to the order, the free-goods item category (TANN) should appear as a default. The system should not carry out item category determination in the order.

When the item category in the source document is not supposed to be valid for the target document.

Example: In billing, cost determination is not to take place for credit memos for third-party orders (G2S). Therefore, the system should use item category TASG as a default since it does not determine cost, rather than copying the source document's item category (TAS).

You can also put in a new item category say ZTAN in field proposed item category, so that system proposes ZTAN when you are creating the sales order from other sales order. This field also makes system determine the item category easily. Say ZTAN is a new item category that you have configured with some properties which is similar to TAN but not exactly TAN and you want only ZTAN to be proposed in the sales order when you have a specific type of material and you are copying from Quotation or Contract.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mukund S