cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the single sign-on cookie

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a web dynpro application that's triggered by a button press in the gui. It was set up to use the 'WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE' function module. However, I recently attended a Web Dynpro course and was told that's not the correct way to do it - I should be just calling the url and passing any parameters in the url string. I set about changing this today and I'm now using cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute to execute the url but now I'm being asked to log on to access the application - previously I didn't have to do this.

I'm told this is something to do with the single sign-on cookie MYSAPSS02. According to our basis team this is already set but it looks like I need to do something extra - like retrieve it and/or send it to the application somehow. I've had a search around the forum but haven't come up with the answer yet. Can someone point me in the right direction please ?

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you use cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute you won't get single sign on. Instead use CL_GUI_HTML_VIEWER. This class has the special logic to generate the SSO ticket (method ENABLE_SSO). You can place the control in a dummy container object (not actually on the screen) and then use the DETACH_URL_IN_BROWSER method to launch the browser separately from the SAPGUI.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

ah excellent, that worked a treat. Thanks very much for the info Thomas.

Answers (0)