cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement type change for Make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Need your help in resolving a issue, We have scenario where same material can be a make or Buy based on one logic, For buy scenario i need to drop IC order.

To do thing functionality i am flipping requirement type of the line item in MV45AFZB, Problem is i am not able to get planned order generated even though i am able to flip the requirement type.

Should i need to change my logic in MV45AFZB or ZZ?

Thank you

Kris

Edited by: Kris on Jul 22, 2010 6:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva, Is there a way that we can automate the process?

Thank you

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point i dont have option of changing item category or going with new sales document type. There are lot of other business es may get impacted if i do it.

Thanks for your thoughts, Can you guide me how to achieve changing the requirement type?

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how to help you on the user exit front.

But how are you doing with Material master fields- Procurement type and Special Procurement Indicator.

If you set them up correctly, especially ' Special Procurement Indicator', you may be able to work with your existing code itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained that data but that determines only as make in my plant, I am not sure if we can have two sourcing strategies for a same plant.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is possible to have two strategy for a plant.. It can be possible by means of strategy group.. For a strategy group , you have 2 requirement type. you can also change the requirement type in sale order if you want

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris

Why do you have to work with user exits to flip Requirement types?

Why don't you set up 2 item cats ( one for Make, another for Buy situation), (have the users) flip the item category manually in the order and drive the requirement type via item cat using 'Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction' config? If you don't want to flip the item cats, you may set up 2 different order types also.

Hope this helps.