cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization and Translation for Dropdown in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

**Hello All ,**

**I have a requirement wherein I have to translate the Text that is getting displayed in the dropdown.**

**For example :**

**Country : India , USA are two values in the dropdown I need to translate these texts in Spanish language.The dropdown is binded to a datalement which is having a domain with a value table.**

**Can please tell me how to assign the OTR Text for these dropdown texts.**

**Thank you in Advance.**

**Regards,**

***Naaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As previously mentioned - there are no OTR texts associated with these table fields. The text tables should be read using the language key of the logged in user.

However, you should be aware that not all texts exist in all languages. For example, you may find that all US states do not have entries in Spanish. If you are querying these texts tables to build your dropdowns, you may need to add logic to check that if a key exists - in your example T005, that a value exists in in T005T, if it does not, then perhaps read a value from T005T for a different language.

Particularly for Spanish, I have found that the T005T table contains quite a lot of blank entries in the standard SAP delivery. You may need to maintain/update this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris and Srilatha ,

Thank you.

Thanks ,

Ghousia Naaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As the dropdown is bound to a dataelement which has a domain with value table, you wouldnot have to do anything for translation. Generally when we use texts from Data Dictionary, It gets translated automatically. we need not declare any OTR text for those. So i think in your case also, iIt should get translated automatically.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok you mean to say that I have to create new entries in the table based on the language so that I can get that particular text each time I logon with a particular language?

Thanks,

Naaz

Edited by: GhousiaN on Jul 22, 2010 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you need not create new entries for a particular language.

As per my knowledge, All the texts in DATA DICTIONARY will be translated similar to OTR texts.

Regards,

Srilatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

Thank you for the quick response.I have no OTR text assigned in the data dictionary.

Thanks,

Naaz