cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while designing a Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created Universe in the designer with all the default settings.

Then for my some requirements i deleted some tables from the Universe.

Now when i tried to re insert those tables I am only getting the names of the table and not the column details.

I even tried to create a new universe, but facing the same problem.

I also created a new connection, but the problem was not solved.

Kindly, provide some guidance over this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Array fetch size also (its under the advanced tab when we create a connection)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh, normally when you add a new table, it should first display in the expanded mode where you can see the fields. You can double-click on the table title to hide the fields, but I doubt it is your problem here (is it?). If you created a brand new universe and you are still not seeing the fields, you might want to check the database table first.

Hope this helps.

-

If you are using the BusinessObjects tool, you should join [ASUG|www.asug.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to refresh the structure of universe in designer. 'Refresh structure' is under view tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying you are not able to see the column or you are not even able to create objects from them?

Try creating one object from any of the table refrencing the column name; see if it is parsing.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I refreshed the structure in the universe, but still I am facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to create the objects also from the tables. I can see only the table name and nothing else.

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

right click on the table name and click on option related to table display.

create new object and manually specify the table name and column name and then parse it. if its ok then its universe designer table display problem else something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to parse the objects by manually entering the tablename.columnname.

But the thing is there is no problem in display. I tried out every possible display but still I am not able to get column names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its bit strange Yogesh, would you like to re-check your access rights ?

Thanks,