cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Control Plan print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is regarding control plan print preview, I am facing following problems.

1. How to get the sample interval value in print preview and where to maintain it.

2. How system pick up characteristics as product or process, where we have to maintain this, is this based on the control plan type?

3. How to get Machine, device, tools for production, where we have to maintain these. I think this is not based on the PRT value only test equipment will come based on the PRT.

Please through some lights.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Experts,

>

> This is regarding control plan print preview, I am facing following problems.

>

> 1. How to get the sample interval value in print preview and where to maintain it.

The sample interval comes from the sampling procedure you maintain for the insp.char. Its nothing but the inspection frequency. for eg: check 1 in 4 .> 2. How system pick up characteristics as product or process, where we have to maintain this, is this based on the control plan type?

Control plan is part of closed loop planning. SAP has delivered FMEA and control plan to meet the APQP requirements of the manufacturing industries with main focus on automotive.You define all your product , process and general inspection characteristics in FMEA against the defects/casuse and linke FMEA to control plan (QPCP); the related task list (routing,insp.plan etc) is updated from the control plan. Check your FMEA - assign one char, where you will have option to mark a char as product or process char. And also you cain maintain this in Engineering Work Bench - if you update your task list from control plan via engineering work bench. This is not based on the control plan type...> 3. How to get Machine, device, tools for production, where we have to maintain these. I think this is not based on the PRT value only test equipment will come based on the PRT.

If I understand your question your talking about the test equipment. If you update the task list from control plan, system will prompt you to enter your sampling procedure, spc crietria etc but it does not support assigning test equipment. As a work around, you have to do some development work to get it done. Currenlty, the form is printing the description of the test equipment , not displaying the prt/te number. you need to modify your form also to get your TE number display.

>

>

> Please through some lights.

>

>

> Regards,

> Raj

Raj -

check my answers below your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.ram,

Thanks for your reply.

1 As you said sample interval comes form sample procedure which is assigned to MIC. I have done same thing by taking fixed sample size let say 5 samples and assigned to MIC in Inspection plan. When I see the control plan print preview, in size coloum sample procedure description in coming and interval is blank. what could be the reason?

2. I am talking about the 3rd coloum of control plan print. i.e Machine, device and tools for production, how do we get this value and where to maintain?

Looking forward to see the your reply.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj -

1. If it's 100% inspection means you are going to check that particular char. for all the parts produced. it means interval does not have any importance. Interval comes in to picture if your control plan/testing requirements are like check 1 part out of 5 parts produced etc. Maintain you sampl.procedure as fixed sample, maintain the sample size and inspection frequency in the sample tab of the samp.procedure, you will get the frequency you maintained as interval in the control plan.

2. The operation Work center description assigned in the task list.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

After maintaining the work center in Inspection plan I can see the same in Machine/devise column in print preview of control plan.

When it comes to sample interval, there is no field inspection frequency in Sample procedure(QDV1), only I can see the sample size and acceptance number for fixed sample in Sample procedure.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark your sampling procedure as - inspection points - free inspection points, then you will ge tthe interval.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

Thank you very much. My problem solved.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)