cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM- BO Data services Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Has anybody gone through real time scenario for MDM-DS Integration ?

Please provide some input,good links as in challenges, risks, strategy and Implementation techniques . how landscape will behave if DS will catch SAP and NON SAP both ?

All inputs are appericiable.

TIA

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep

we are also working on MDM integration with BOBJ-DS, developing PoVs.

To start with I can share following findings on BOBJ capabilities, still unconfirmed though and may not be 100% correct.

1. BOBJ as ETL- We already have MDM along with PI/SAP-XI used as ETL, which is capable of most of the functions offered by BOBJ. BOBJ stands out more on doing complex transformations an dexception/error handling part.

2. BOBJ for DQ- MDM also offers DQ facilities, though not as extensive as by BOBJ. MDM along with Webdynpro can match most of the DQ features offered by BOBJ. BOBJ stands out wherein we have Address data cleansing as it is having out of box address directories in built for 240+ countries. It makes sense to use BOBJ-DS for DQ only if the (Customer, Vendor) Address data cleansing is of paramount importance. Fe- Postal code Validation.

3. BOBJ for reporting and data KPIs- We can deliver equivalent reports/KPIs with MDM and BI integration with customizations. Still a grey area for me, explring more for now.

BOBJ and MDM are complementary to each other as they enhance otheru2019s capabilities. But it is not mandatory and may not make sense to fit in BOBJ in all scenarios.

On implementation instaed of using slave repository and DB view for BOBJ-DS to connect to MDM we are using duplicate repository in productive environment to expedite the work.

I found a very good demo session on BOBJ capabilities for SAP based systems (CRM, ERP)-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/c0634fdc-cbc6-2c10-1885-a93c2adfff0d&overrid...

Would definitely like to learn more from you and this thread.

Thanks-Ravi

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks sudhansu for all these inputs.

@ Ravi - I will definatoly share addition information on this. also waiting for more inputs as this is very beautiful forum where we can leverage all kind of learning.

Deep

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There's also a [Wiki space dedicated to MDM - BO DS integration|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/IntegratingSAPNetWeaverMDMwithSAPBusinessObjectsDataServices].

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I am leaving thread open, as still looking for more information.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at for similar discussion.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos