cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does interface mapping exactly do? and can interface mapping between abstract and non-abstract interfaces be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for general question you could use the search function in SDN.

There you could filter your results for example to the category "SAP NetWeaver Documentation".

If you search in your case for interface mapping and then filter you will find for example this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

forgive me if i have posted my question in wrong section as am new to sdn.

interface mapping executes the mapping program.But if the sender and reciever message structure are same then is mapping required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even the sender and the receiver structures are same, you need to map the fields.

Else you can create a dummy objects in Intergration Repository and do the configuration part. This would be a better thing to do...

Please follow the steps below in the weblink for using dummy objects of IR and to do the configuration

http://saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Jul 22, 2010 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

is required.

You need to link every source field with corresponding target field even if no trasformation/change of structure is needed.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But if the sender and reciever message structure are same then is mapping required?

Mapping is not required in this case only if the target needs data in some format other than that in source.

Example: Date_source is in format DD-MM-YYYY and Date_target is required in the format YYYYMMDD then you will need a mapping.

Mapping (in IR) is optional, Interface Determination (in ID) is Mandatory.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

> If the sender and reciever message structure are same then is mapping required?

Not required.

Mappig is required when the source and target structures are different or any changes we need at the target side like conditions. In the interface determination we give the mapping, here this mapping is optional you can check.

Check this link

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@abhishek n venkat

yes mapping is not required if sender n recievr have same structure,i confirmed.

But i want to know what happens during runtime?

how will the source message be transferred to destination if no mapping is provided?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how will the source message be transferred to destination if no mapping is provided?

The matching (transfer) of source and target payload happens in the Interface Determination....it is actually the Message Types which are mapped.....when the message types are the same (i.e. the strcutures are the same) the transfer happens wihthout any in-between translator (mapping).....just the name of the Message Interface changes.....the exchange always happens in between the message types.

The main thing which should be considered w.r.t payload is the message type (message interface just provides you with the direction and mode).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, we can do interface Mapping between Abstract and Non-abstract interfaces.

Please refer to the weblink given below for the info on INterface Mapping:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

> What does interface mapping exactly do?

Read help.sap.com

>and can interface mapping between abstract and non-abstract interfaces be done?

Yes