cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing NWDI DCs in Local Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our project we have Onsite Offshore Model. Onsite we have NWDI access but offshore we dont have it. Onsite team developed few applications Webdynpro Java as well as PDK. Further development we wanted to do in offshore of same projects and after full development we need to move it back to Onsite and deploy. Is it possible to work on the same DCs in local development and again deploy it back in NWDI Onsite.

I tried following steps:-

1. I copied the DC from local workspace in Onsite (NWDI). These dcs have some specific vendor name and name space.

2. In offshore in NWDS created a DC with same vendor name but I was not able to put the namespace as its local development and copy pasted the src folder from already developed DC to this new DC.

3. Reload+ Rebuid.

4. All Components, views, application got generated without any design time errors.

5. Deployed this DC.

6. Got exception :-

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create delegate for component <Component Name>. (Hint: Is the corresponding DC deployed correctly? Does the DC contain the component?)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <Component Name>

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [<package name>/<DC name>]

Parent loader name: [Frame ClassLoader]

It may happen that in Onsite they have added some references I mean used DCs. But here thats not required. I am not getting whether this is because of that or anything else.

Is there any way to find out any references are added or not.

Also am I following the right steps or is there any other way.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Gaur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can get rid from this error once you delete the existing app and create a new one with different package sturcture ..

some points are :

1 . Namespace will be identified later during audit (will be a major due to many packages), the purpose of NWDI based development is for distrubuted development scenario.

2.(somehow you can manage it but)Compatibility will always be a issue in if you will proceed in this way.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable replies.

I just got the idea and followed the following steps:-

1. Copied the projects in the .dtc->LocalDevelopment->DCs folder.

2. In NWDS went to Development Configurations Perspective.

3. I got all the projects in Local DCs view under MyComponents.

4. Right click and create project and it automatically gets created with no design time errors.

5. Then deployed the application.

Thanks Deepak.........u rocked man.....;)

Best Regards,

Swati Gaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Swatt,

you are most welcome...;)

njoy work!!!

Deepak!!!

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Wher you will deploy wd applciaiton from offshore. they will need client network/system to deploy right.

Is Offshore team able to access portal. If yes, they can also access NWDI server and work on it.

As per your error message, it look like some references not found, please check it properly and try to import the project locally will help _comp folder

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jasiwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

We have different Portal Server here at offshore in which we are deploying the applications.

When I tried to import the project locally from _comp folder. I am getting lots of design time errors in the controllers. Also DC Metadata part is missing so I can not do development with that. So I created new DC in Local Development and copy pasted the src folder to generate it.

I also thik that some references are missing but where to check I am not getting.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Gaur

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Please check the used DC and project references if any and model object in your WD project and correct accordingly.

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Swati,

Just a guess...

Try to get the all possible DC's from the .dtc folder, once you sync and create the project from track(via NWDI may be onsite will help you).

Copy the entire folder inside the Local development and import all possible DC, then work on the DC dependencies.

Hope...will work for you.

Deepak!!!!