Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup iviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam new to VC and I have some doubts.Any help will be appreciated.So here goes,

I have 2 SAP BI queries, showing top ten plants based on valuatedstock and top ten transactions of a selected plant for a particular month respectively. My requirement in VC is to show a table of top ten plants and when the user selects a particular plant in this table, the top ten transactions for that plant should be displayed as a popup. I was able to do this with popup iview but there was a button to call the popup named "top transactions" which should be clicked after i select the plant. What I would like to know is if I could do it without the button, ie the popup should be displayed when i click a row in the first table.

Thanks for your time....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

While Connecting from Table to Another query or PopUP View.You have to Pass the Event Name.In the Event Name just you need to choose the Select Option .

This solutions may help to solve ur problem

Thanks

Chittya Bej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittya,

I created the popup iview by dragging from the out port of first table and selecting "open popup". the line connecting the out of the first table and the popup iview is named evt1 by default. I tried renaming it "select"( there was no choice named "select") and deploying it.Still it doesnt work.The connecting line is of type-popup invocation.

Warnings : Popup is declared but not cannot be invoked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Here is one suggestion you can try but this would not invoke a separate iView to show the top 10 transactions but you can control that using another table view in the same iView, the visibility of which could be controlled. Also, if you are planning to open a pop-up when the user selects an entry in the first table, then you should be using the select event. But then, the select event will be fired when the table is first loaded which would automatically invoke the pop-up without the user's input, so you would need to handle this using a counter in the datastore or any other logic.

1. From the first table's output port, connect the second query and mark the select event on the connecting line.

This would fire the BI query for top 10 transactions when an entry is selected.

2. Create a datastore and a boolean entry within. Name that as FormVisibility and default the value to false.

3. From the output port of the first table, connect one end to the input of a datastore. Set the Select event on the connecting line. Double click the connecting line to set to set the FormVisibility variable as true.

4. Create a Table view and set the visibility condition as Datastore@Formvisibility.

5. Keep a toolbar button(Close) on the table View to set the FormVisibility to false.(this would help you close the pop-up)

6. In the layout view, place the pop-up accordingly.

Again, as i said, you may need to control the second table view for the first select as it would be automatically fired.

Hope it helps,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathamesh,

Thanks ...I was able to satisfy the requirement by changing visibility of the second table as you suggested. Iam just curious... Is there no way to trigger a popup iview without a button?....

Once again thanks to both of you for helping me out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

I am glad my suggestion worked for you. The only event you would be able to invoke by selecting a line is the SELECT event. So when you click on the required line in the table, you would want to pass the parameter as input from one table to the other. For that, in the design view, you would need to pull out a connection from the output of the first table to the FM. Select the event on the connection as 'SELECT' and double click on the connection. For the Input field of the FM, you would have to enter the appropriate formula so that the selected line's parameter should be passed as an input to the FM.

So, double click the connecting line named 'select'. In the right corner, you would be asked for an input field to the FM. Click on the enter formula button. Now expand the Data Fields option at the top. Search for your 1st table (Plants table) and pull the required field in that table, which would act as the input for your Selected Plant FM, as the formula in the left pane. Save and deploy.

So ideally, by doing so, you are passing the plant number in the selected line of the first table to the input of the selected plant FM and it does work without the click of the button. I have implemented that in various applications.

hope it helps,

Prathamesh

Answers (0)