cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Libraries

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to how to find the external JAR libraries that need to be added to your project for accessing the certain API for e.g. accessing the user admin API.

Can anyone please tell the directory location where all the libraries are located.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

(a) the portal jar's are not to be added but referenced (using the SharingReference/PrivateSharingReference entry, see Portal Runtime doc).

(b) Finding the deployed Portal Archive in which the needed class is best done by JarFinder, also see /thread/12985 [original link is broken]

Hope it helps

Detlev

Message was edited by Detlev Beutner:

Sorry, didn't care about the forum - WebDynpro. Hah, sometimes I'm too fast, sorry sorry sorry. But I try to make good for: See https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/using ep services within webas applications.pdf

0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

I am actually trying to access the Configuration adapter of the J2EE engine. However i am unable to find the required libraries for the same.

Please advise as to which JAR files are required for this.

Regards

Sidharth

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

the Configuration adapter of the J2EE engine?! You want to do any changes on the J2EE engine settings from your application??

Do you at least know what classes you want to use? Or what do you want to do in detail?

Best regards

Detlev

0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

I want to read some configurations and the values under those. I have the code for connecting to the Configuration Manager. However i am not having the necessary JAR files to set in my classpath.

I want information regarding this.

Do you have any suggestions in this regard

Regards

Sidharth

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

if you have the code, you know at least some of the classes you want to use. As described within the referenced thread from above, you can for example use WinRAR with it's search functionality to look through all JARs. Just your J2EE engine installation as the root dir, press search, look for file <knownclassname>.class within the actual directory, check searching in subdirs, in files, in archives (all this is set as default). Press OK, drink a coffee, wait, and in the end, you should be happy

Hope it helps

Detlev