cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination not picking entire quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario below happens occasionally in our system and we are not sure why:

I have over 1,000 cases of a product for batch 07212010 in my warehouse. When I do an stock overview, I see that I have 1,115 cases of unrestricted stock available in my warehouse. I look at the material documents and I see that I have 1,115 cases in unrestricted stock in that warehouse. I get an order for 189 cases. I try to create a delivery for that sales order and the batch determination strategy only chooses 136 cases. All 1,115 cases of that batch should be eligible and available for that order but the system is shorting the sales order.

Any ideas where we should look? We did look at other sales orders to see if any other sales orders were doing a hard allocation of that product and that batch. For this particular material, there is only one customer service rep so it is not another CSR allocating that batch to a different customer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy

1) Did you check the availability overview in the Delivery and see how the ATP scene is looking?

2) Do you have shelf life (SLED) check in use? May be only a part quantity is passing muster.

3) May be the available quantity is being taken by batch-neutral requirements?

4) Check your Quantity proposal Default in the 'Define Sales and Distribution Strategy Types' config activity. May be you have some custom routine there.

SPRO/IMG/Logistics - General/Batch Management/Batch Determination and Batch Check/Strategy Types/Define Sales and Distribution Strategy Types

Take a look at this OSS note:

619911 - FAQ: Batch determination

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. We are still continuing to investigate why this might be happening. Your suggestions were helpful and looking at MD04 was a good idea.

We are hoping that it was just a cutover issue and now that we are moving into full normal operations, we won't experience this anymore. However, we are still finding some "unusual" allocations or lack of allocations when we know we have availalble inventory for that order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Can you check MD04, is there any order ,delivery, Po is blocking the Qtyfor the same batch and material?

I hope it will helpful.

Regards,

SK

Edited by: Mastan Shaik on Jul 22, 2010 7:11 AM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you say you do stock overview, did you check in MMBE?

In my opinion, I would not suggest to check MMBE, but to check the stock/requirement list in MD04. T.code MD04 will show the details on stocks/ sales orders/deliveries/PO/Planned orders, by which an user can clearly understands why a sales order is NOT confirmed fully on a particular date.

Regards