cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with button action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In one of the view we have added some input fields and buttons.

In one of button action a pop-up window is called, on click of the button a pop-window is opened but after closing the pop-up window, onaction enter event of the input field again the event of that button is fired and pop-up widow is opened instead of normal process.

Please let me know how to clear this action.

Regards,

Krishnaveni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Can you explain the exact situation in steps to provide suggestions. As of now, its a bit confusing.

Ex: Button - call a particular method. next - close next and so on.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Actually i have one input field besides which button is placed.

on the button action one pop-up window is opened and data flows from tat pop-window to the input field and it is closed

till tat it is fine.

After that when i place the cursor in any of the input fields and press enter again pop-up window is opened,i.e i did not press the button( irrespective of the button action), on enter action pop-up window is opened.

Thanks,

Krishna

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Just make sure that the onEnter event of the input field is not binded to the same event handler as that of the button.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested in prev post, check for onEnter methods of the input fields or other UI elements in the view. You may have assigned the action to them, which is being triggered.

Regards,

Sharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I checked that one.Input field is binded with other event only.

Problem is not only with one input field , if i press enter on any of the input fields,the pop-up is opened again in that view.

Eventhough the input field is binded with some other event, after the button action(opening and closing the pop-up window)

If i press enter in the input field the control is directing towards the button event, instead of input field event.

Thank You,

Krishna

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I hope you don't have any code in your view's WDDOMODIFY method which is triggerring the action of the button or creating the pop up window.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to clearly track teh path, make use of External Breakpoint in your Web Dynpro method and trigger teh event. This will clearly show the actual cause for the trigger.

Regards,

Sharath M G