Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCMPF - controlling the visibility of various sections of Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my HCM PF, i have 2 sections - 1) Employee 2) Manager

Under Manager Section, there is a Mandatory text field 'Comment' , which should be 'Hidden' under Employee Section.

In order to make this field mandatory, i have defined it as 'Required Entry' under the Process Fields

If the field is mandatory, it will result in an error while filling Employee section.

I dont want the red border appearing around my comment field in my form, so i am not setting property as User Entered-Required in UI property.

Can anyone please guide me how to proceed with this funcitonality. I want to keep the field hidden in Emp section, yet it should be mandatory under Manager section.

Thanks in advance,

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seriously? Those are some really basic HCM P&F concepts.

I will try to help.

First off....why do you have a separate field for "manager comments"? WHy not use the standard comments fields (current/previous) and let the framework handle them?

Now for showing/hiding sections of form.....several ways to do this. If it were me...

1. I would have the employee and manager steps in different form scenario steps/stages (personally I would probably have them in different form scenarios all toghether but sharing same form simply for scalability).

2. Define the standard field for form_scenario_stage in your form scenario fields (look it up in documentation for how to define this....I'm not spoonfeeding you)

3. Add the form field from #2 onto your form somewhere and make it hidden/invisible.

4. Use Javascript/Formcalc to reference the "raw value" of that field. Then you can use script in the form to show/hide the section depending on the value in that field (which will be the name of the form scenario step/stage.

Now.... for making fields mandatory, hidden/visible/invisible, open to edit/read only......that is all done in scripting and is VERY basic. There are TONS of examples on how to do this all over the web with simple Google searches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

I realised i could control this by scenario steps soon after i posted this 😛 The funcationality is working just fine now

Your response confirmed my approach.

( btw..Comments field was just a sample field i mentioned )

Thanks again !

Regards,

Aditi

Answers (0)