SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student self services - configuration guide or cook book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently upgraded to EHP4 and enabled student self services.

But when I changed my program of study no workflow is triggered in the backend.

Do I need to do any configuration for this ?

Is there any configuration guide or cook book available for student self services.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Aleem Mohiuddin.

5 REPLIES 5

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

You can find cookbooks for configuring SLcM on the following page: [original link is broken]

For the 'Change of Program' functionality you need to configure the following workflow to your customer need: COP_APPROVAL (WS template: 29800011 via trx PFWS).

Please also make sure you have applied note 1321998.

Best regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Dear Rob Junkers,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Can you please let me know how to know the workflows for other student self services like Change of specialization, Grade change request etc.

Is there any link to know the expected behaviour of student self services. I mean when a program is changed workflow is triggered to so and so persons and so on...

Thanks in Advance,

Aleem Mohiuddin.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Hereby the other workflows:

- Special Module Booking Approval: PIQ_SCA (29800013)

- Grade Change Request: PIQ_GCR (29800014)

- Approval WF for Change of Specialization: COS_APPROVAL (29800009)

The self-services itself will not change, it is the configuration of your workflow (copy of template) that will determine the proces after the change of program for example (to which user, e-mail confirmation to student, etc).

Best regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

For the COS Workflow, i have copied the stnadard workflow to the custom and activated the Event linkage. From WDA, i initiated the COS approval. The event is triggered and i can see the workflow log. But i cant find any data in the container.

Did i miss anymore steps ?

I even checked with the standard Work Flow. Even then no values are set in the container in SWI1 log.

Edited by: Manjunath CN on Sep 7, 2010 9:59 AM

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

What are the steps that you performed in the PIQ_ST_COS webdynpro?

Did you test it directly via the webdynpro with a change of an already registered specialization?

br,

Rob